Sunday 28 August 2011

Iphone Car Mount - ipod accessories, mounting kits


The product does what it says, and I've been using it daily for weeks now. It leaves a bit to be desired for a top-notch Griffin product, though. The flexible neck is a bit TOO flexible; it sways and moves when going around some corners, requiring readjustment. The cradle itself is sturdy, but the backing is very flimsy and comes with a poorly-constructed screw adjustment mechanism which hasn't worked well for me yet. I screwed it all the way in to have the iPhone seated as tightly as possible in the cradle, and it seems to be working for now. The neck isn't as long as I'd like, but it's not a big issue. With these minor improvements I'd definitely rate it a 5-star product, but as it stands I'll keep it at a comfortable three. It serves its purpose. Griffin GC17093 TuneFlex AUX Hands-free for iPhone and iPod

Finally jumped on the iPhone wagon, so I wanted to be able to use it in the car for navigation, iPod, Pandora, etc. I have a similar Griffin aux mount for my prior iPod, and like it a lot. The only thing it can't do is turn sideways 90 degrees. This mount can do that plus had the benefit of being able to talk hands-free with the built-in mic.



Unfortunately, the gooseneck is too flexible, meaning it drifts away from where you set it. Additionally, the side grips are not specific to the iPhone4, so it's far too "open" which might be nice if you have a thicker phone. The screw adjustment doesn't seem to be aligned properly, pushing the phone at an angle. Last issue for me was that my Aux port is in the center console armrest, and the cord was far too short. That killed any hope of keeping it, so it was returned.



Love the idea, hate the execution. Griffin makes good products, so I don't understand why this one was mis-engineered.

After using this product for a few weeks I believe that it has pros and cons. To me the pros out weight the cons for my useage. Some of the pros is that it charges my iphone the whole time I am in the vechile and listening to music. This way my phone does not die on the way to my destination, instead it is usually fully charged. In my car this stand creates a perfect viewing angle for the phone and that allows me easily change the music I am listening to or look at messages that come in. The stand does keep it fairly in place, there is a little bit of wobble but nothing severe. Even driving on rough roads did nothing to it but a little shaking. This is not too big of a deal for me. Now one of the down sides that really gets to me is the horrible call quality when using it. For my end I have to turn my stereo way up to hear the other person, which is not a big deal until my music kicks back in after hanging up which it super loud. On the other ends everyone has told me how bad of an echo they get from the microphone picking up my stereo. Everyone gets mad and does not want to talk long when having themselves echoing really bad. That is about the only downside. One more thing, I have an otterbox commuter case on my iphone and it does fit perfectly into the holder. It is a little hard at first because of the rubber part, but it does work.

Incredibly bad design and construction. The leverage on the connection at the power plug and arm is huge... and the mechanical parts are made of plastic. It was already cracked when I opened the box, and on inspection I cannot imagine that an engineer would have designed and built this very poorly constructed product. Not worth 5 bucks let alone the 49.99 it sells for at my local retailer. I would give it zero stars if this website would accept that....



Mike

The Arm on this goes limp frequently when driving around corners.

This realy is one of the worst phone mounts I have ever used.

Also as stated in another review, the adapter does not fit snug in the power outlet.

I actually used a few wraps of electrical tape to fill the gap.



I would never recommend the Griffin TuneFlex AUX Hands-free to anyone.

I've been looking for the perfect unit to hold my iPhone, send audio signal to my car stereo, allow me talk hands-free, all while charging it. On paper, the Griffin Tuneflex Hands Free unit does just that. In reality it doesn't work as good as it should. The cigarette lighter power port fit snugly into the lighter socket and the flexible neck was reasonably stiff and held it's shape well, but the swivel phone holder wouldn't stay in a horizontal position. It held it's vertical position well though. The hands free microphone worked well, with some of my friends on the other end of the line saying that they could hear me clearly but the volume wa a bit soft, as if I was a distance away from the mic. I was pleasanly surprised that there was little to no noise/interference while listening to the music through the aux cable. It's by far the best cigarette lighter powered unit that I've listened to in terms of interference or noise. There is one huge drawback though, and that is that the aux cable, for some unknown reason, did not carry any bass (low frequencies) to my car stereo. Other aux cables did not have this problem, so I have to assume it's related to the Griffin unit. Not sure why it does that. Overall, the Giffin unit means well and is functional, but it doesn't quite live up to expectations, and at the price in most retail stores, I expect it to do everything I want. I'll keep looking. - Mounting Kits - Car Mount - Iphone Car Mount - Ipod Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


car mount Iphone Car Mount - ipod accessories, mounting kits