Sunday 28 August 2011

Car Charger - dual usb car charger, dual usb


I purchased this looking for a smaller charger and I love Griffin products. The description for this product says that it is "2 A" and can charge a variety of electronic devices which connect to a USB charger. The packaging more clearly describes the charger as having two USB ports which produce 1 A each. It appears that the description is adding the two together which is not helpful. Ipods and Iphones only need 1A or 1 amp chargers while the Ipad needs a 2A or 2 amp charger. Two 1 amp charging ports does not equal one 2 amp charging port.



Other than that - a great product. Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro

I purchased this item to replace what looks like an older (and unsatisfactory) version of this product: Griffin Technology Powerjolt Dual Universal (Black). This new version has many benefits over the old... It does not work it's way out of the power socket like the old version, it is smaller, and it puts out more power (plenty to charge my DroidX which requires 850mA, this puts out 1A per socket).



I have been using it for a couple of months so far, and it's performed flawlessly.

I have had this charger for about 3 months now. I bought it thinking that it would save on space in the car. It does. This is so small that it hardly even sticks out. Charges my Droid X well. About 2 weeks ago mine busted though. I went to charge my phone and the little white guide in the charger snapped and got stuck in my USB cable. Also I would not suggest leaving it plugged in when not in use. I had forgot about the little thing and was cleaning out my car when I noticed it was still plugged in. I pulled it out and it was hot, the heat from the charger was crazy. I wonder if that had something to do with the plastic breaking. I am still unsure if I will buy another one or not.

Great that they can make this dual adaptor so small. Fits great in my VW. When not charging I can close the cover with the adaptor still in, so never need to unplug it.



Didn't notice it was any slower to charge than my old single port unit.

I researched chargers and bought one online for vacation, sadly its not getting here in time for the trip so I went and bought this one at the Wall. The reason I have had to research chargers is because the HTC Evo 4g has 2 separate charge settings. One is called USB(500 mah which comes from your computer or lower end chargers) and the other is AC(1 Amp which is wall chargers, etc...)



Now even though many chargers say 1 Amp per usb as this product does, some smart phones can't "see" the extra charge because manufacturers didn't link 2 points on the chip inside the charger. I have seen people on the internet open these things and solder those 2 points together and resolve the issue, however I don't know how to solder, so I am left with a car charger that says it charges at 1 Amp but when I plug in my phone it only charges at half the speed the box advertises.



Why is this so important? If I use my GPS or internet while its using this charger, it will drain the battery faster than it is being charged, the charger will be fighting a losing battle the entire trip. I gave the charger 3 stars because it will work for 95% of the people who buy it, but anyone who has a high end smart phone will have to buy this to find out if it charges their phone at its advertised speed.

My Subaru has one 12v power outlet within the center console, and I've got two devices requiring power: A BlackBerry Storm2, and a BlackBerry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway. Both devices required fairly substantially sized 12v power adapters, in a confined area where storage space is definitely at a premium.



This Powerjolt device manages to put out enough current to charge my BlackBerry (which is happy to give me a "low power USB source / charging suspended" error message with some chargers, and also power the stereo gateway device which is a simple Bluetooth receiver that also connects to my vehicle's aux-in stereo port. Double the function of two 12v adapters, with almost none of the footprint.



If I have one criticism, it's that the packaging is ridiculously difficult to pry open without a blade, and even then, it was a challenge to not slice my finger open. But with that operation over and done with, this is truly a "set and forget" device that I won't have to touch for a long time to come.



In fact, this charger has such a low profile, I'd recommend it even if you only have one device that needs power. And it's right at home in plain sight in an ashtray or dashboard cigarette lighter, and in my car would even allow the little trap-door panel to close into the dash with it still installed (with the cable unplugged).

This product works as advertised. I can run my Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (not sensitive to shorting the USB data lines) and charge my Nexus One or BlackBerry Curve 8900 (both require shorting the USB data lines to charge correctly) at the same time.



I can confirm that this item works with the outlets in the following vehicles: 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2010 Ford Expedition, 2002 Ford Escape, 2010 Honda CR-V.



Build quality seems adequate, USB ports make a good positive connection.



It could use a method of removing it from the outlet, as of now fingernails are helpful to grab onto the rim to pull it out. - Iphone Car Charger - Dual Usb - Dual Usb Car Charger - Car Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information