Sunday 28 August 2011

Cooktop Cleaner - razor blade, scraper


I bought plastic razor blades to clean my glass cooktop and needed a holder for them. The first one I tried was all metal and a good size but it was so hard to get the blades into it, I ordered this set instead.



The long handled holder and blade are ideal for removing the stickers from my windshield. The windshield is so slanted I can't get my hand down far enough to remove the sticker with a smaller scraper. I noticed that this long handled version is what was being used in the car service center.



The smaller holder is great for the plastic blades. There is a screw that you loosen and hand tighten to insert a new blade. It holds the blade securely and is relatively easy to manage. I wish the holder were a little bigger so I could put a bit more muscle into my cleaning project, but it does work as designed. I use the protector cap on the long handled item because it has the real razor blade in it.



The pack of single sided blades will no doubt last me a quite a while, since I'll be using the plastic blades more often.



Overall, the products perform as expected and will be very useful. Titan 17002 Multi-Purpose Razor Scraper Set - 2 Piece

I've been using single edged razor blades for over 50 years & have tried everything from cardboard/masking tape handles to welding a blade to an old screwdriver (needed to extend reach). The blades do a good job scraping paint or rust, removing decals, precise cutting & trimming, removing goo. Have you ever tried to remove old dried masking tape?



This scraper set is great, first the handles are cushioned & designed for secure blade control, the extension is strong & flat (2 hand control), but is narrow in width than the blade (important in confined spaces). Excellent product & greatly improves safety. - Razor Blade - Hand Tools - Scraper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cooktop Cleaner - razor blade, scraper razor blade Cooktop Cleaner - razor blade, scraper