Sunday 28 August 2011

Bubble Mailer - ink jet labels, avery


I too had the problem of the receipt printing out on the other half of the sheet (label) when printing my postage, but I solved it by only inserting one label into the printer, NOT one whole sheet. My printer simply stops printing when it detects the end of the page and spits out the label. I have a feeling this will work for most other printers as well. I would encourage all to try this once. For me, as a result of this technique, not a single label is wasted. I LOVE THEM!!!



UPDATE:I got a new printer, a completely different brand and the above technique works like a charm in this one, too. I really think this works on all printers, give it a try! :o)



UPDATE! Ron, of Life Defined Photography was kind enough to let me know that you can change a setting in paypal shipping preferences and this will cause your printer only to print the one half of the label. I found this setting and mapped out an exact path. Once you've logged into your paypal,



Follow these steps below:



Under Profile click 'More Options'...then under the 'selling preferences' column click 'shipping preferences'...then under 'printer' click the 'edit printer settings' link. You'll see a box that says 'print receipt'. Uncheck this box, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'save'. Avery Shipping Labels with TrueBlock Technology, Inkjet Printers, 5.5 x 8.5 Inches, White, Pack of 50 (8126)

FINALLY, I wish I would have found these a month ago when I started selling. They are the cheapest price for self-adhesive shipping labels anywhere! And to boot, free shipping! They work just like normal paper on my standard ink jet printer. The day I received them someone bought one of my items so I was able to test them out and they worked flawlessly. Later I realized that you can get them for free UPS though but only if you use them for UPS.



EDIT: I noticed the price went up from 8.21 to 12.60 so that changes my original statement that these are the cheapest labels around. You can get them from the USPS Postal Store for 9 dollars plus shipping. WATCH THE PRICES AND ONLY BUY WHEN THEY ARE DOWN.

Have you ever tried to re-use your Amazon boxes by peeling the label off? As you know, they use SUPERGLUE to ensure that their labels stick! Great for mailing - not so great for those of us wanting to do a little recycling.



We have had to make a number of shipments recently, and have been using online services to create the labels. We carefully and painstakingly peeled off the Amazon label, then taped the new label down using shipping tape. This was time-consuming and a royal pain!



When this showed up in my Quick Picks, I realized this could be a great solution. These labels lay directly over the Amazon labels and you cannot see through them!



After reading from other reviewers that I could "turn off receipts" (which normally print on the second half of the page) I knew it was the perfect solution! And, it was. Once I found where to turn it off in Paypal, I was set.



First, I drew an X on the top sheet of a piece of paper and printed my sample label. With this, I was able to determine where my labels would print. I then placed the label into my printer (in my case it was face down - yours may be different) and printed the first label. I peeled the label off to use, then turned the paper around (with the other end at the top) and ... presto, printed the second label.



At one point, I made a mistake and cut the label in half before it was printed. Not wanting to lose even a single label, I inserted the half-page into my printer. It worked.



Every printer is different, so you will need to do your own test as to which end is up, but if you need to do shipping using online services, these are exactly what you want. Not only are they secure, but you can save a LOT of tape from taping yours down!

I was so tired of printing out labels from USPS onto a piece of paper and then cutting out the label and using packaging tape to secure it to a Priority Envelope or Box. I bought these labels to replace that headache. Overall, label is fine but all it really is, is an 8.5x11 piece of label that's perforated down the middle. You wind up with a really big label and a lot of extra white space. Would have been nice if they aligned the peel and stick part of the label to where it actually prints, rather than just half the page. I normally end up cutting off all the excess white space.

I run a small ecommerce store and have a printer dedicated to package labels. I've used cheaper labels without the TrueBlock technology and such "essential" features. These Avery labels, while expensive, do work. As in, you can print on them, and they stick. However, they don't stick as much as other, even cheaper, labels. You really need to press them hard. - Clicknship - Avery - Ink Jet Labels - Mailing Labels'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bubble Mailer - ink jet labels, avery mailing labels Bubble Mailer - ink jet labels, avery