Sunday 28 August 2011

Automotive - amplifier wiring kits, car audio


This is a nice kit and a good value for the money. It is not equal to a US 4 gauge wire size though. This kit has a smaller diameter wire more like an 8 gauge. The crimp on wire terminals are thin gauge but worked well for my installation.

Danford1 Lanzar AMPKIT4 Contaq 1800 Watt 4 Gauge Power Amp Kit

I got this kit for my '07 Nitro. I had the perfect amount of power wire, and not enough remote turn on or ground wire. The Power and Ground wires provided aren't 4 gauge, they're more like 6 or 8 gauge

As noted in other reviews, these cables are probably not AWG 4.



The 'speaker wires' are AWG 22 or so, and the stereo RCA cable (which is not channel-color-coded) is the poorest example of such wire I have seen commercially in many a year (even worse than Radio Shack wires).



As stated elsewhere, it's a great value for the price (in my case, hooking up a charger/converter to my batteries).



I did, however, wind up using all supplied crimp-on connectors, though not for their stated purpose.

I do say this was decent for the price. The wire is a thin silver strand bunched together which breaks easily, the RCA cables were to short to go from the deck to the back of my 300 almost (although I barely made it still), the speaker wire that came with it was like 20-18 gauge wire (horrible for a 1800 watt kit), it did come with a few zipties (I already had some anyways but in for reference) as well as a assortment of terminals (Crimp style). It also had a self tapping screw for the ground wire, but no screws for the fuse holder (no clue why, again I had some to use already). Other than the few flaws listed it was ok for the price.

I'm currently doing a project on an '07 Mustang GT, and this worked well for now. It's not a 4 gauge, at least by US standards, but it worked well. Wiring was long enough to fit through my boat car, so I'm happy for now. When I get my second amp for my other speakers, I'll upgrade to a better quality wire, but for now, these work fine.

this set is garbage. The amp fuse holder couldn't hold the wire it came with!!! amp started cutting out because power amp wire was so cheap quality it had to be replaced. That's only after having it in for two weeks. Very poor wire way too brittle.

this kit has good power, ground, and rca cables. I just barly had enough power cable, the speaker wire is alright but the remote wire is junk. its too thin and was making my amp shut off. i replaced it and everything works great.

Cant complain about the wire and coaxials were really good quality. The connectors blew. Low quality and not worth keeping i bought new ones and saved mysekf the trouble of them pullin out. Other than that the wire quality is excellent - Amp - Car Audio - Amplifier Wiring Kits - Wiring Kits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information