Saturday 13 August 2011

Rechargeable Batteries - rechargeable batteries, battery


I got the NB-1L battery when I bought my Canon Powershot S200, and I've since bought two extra batteries, one Canon (the battery reviewed), and one DigiPower equivalent.The original Canon batteries perform noticably better than the DigiPower battery, and they also stay fairly cool, as opposed to the DigiPower battery that gets dangerously hot during operation. I've had no problems running my Canon batteries, but the capacity is not all that impressive - hence the 3 batteries. An absolute minimum here would be two batteries for your camera.On my S200 with the LCS screen on, I can get somewhere between 75 and 150 pictures out of one fully charged battery. With the LCD screen off (only a 2 second preview after each picture), I can get around 200 (sometimes a few more) pictures out of one fully charged battery.I've been using my newest battery for about 10 months, and so far I haven't noticed any decrease in capacity. It appears to hold its charge very well for weeks at a time.I would probably have given it a 2 star rating if I took the general battery capacity into consideration, but since you don't have any real options to this general battery type, I'll give it an overall 5 star rating. It performs better than other brands for my camera, and I've been very happy with it in all aspects.I would also recommend that you to buy this battery and not a Canon equivalent from another manufacturer. This battery's worth the extra money!!! Canon NB-1LH Battery Pack for Canon S100, S110, S200, S230, S300, S330, S400, S410 & S500

We have had our Canon S400 for about 4 months & it has been wonderful -- as well as the Canon battery. The charge lasts for a pretty long time. We bought a generic battery (from an individual seller off this site) for a backup. It died in a little over a month. Don't bother trying to save money - just get the real thing (which this is).

If you have a Canon Powershot for more than a couple of weeks (and use it) you will inevitably come to the conclusion that you need a second battery. I have the S410 and the battery indicator only comes on when you have around 4 flash photos worth of power remaining. Then you're out of luck until the battery is recharged. If you have a spare you can go on shooting until the other is recharged. It's a win-win situation and worth the price. My brother-in-law has an earlier powershot and has experimented with non-canon batteries and his conclusion is that it is worth the premium to buy canon's battery. My recommendation: get an extra battery and go with Canon. Plus if something goes wrong you can call up Canon and not worry about voided warranties and what not. You will not regret this purchase.

Bought a generic battery (less than $15, with S/H) at the same time with the S400 about a year ago. Use both batteries (50-50%, all the time). Now the Canon one is still working like new, the generic one can't hold any charge.



Guess the old saying is right :)

I've read the other reviews on this item and these people know what they are talking about. DO NOT BUY GENERIC. ONLY BUY CANON BRAND BATTERIES FOR YOUR CANON CAMERA. I've tried the cheapie $5 generic battery, it didn't even last a week. I have also paid about $35 for a digipower which is sold at some stores in place of Canon at about the same price as Canon so you would think you are getting a good product for your money. WRONG! I have had my Canon battery for almost 4 years, and my friend has had one for 2 years, they both work as well as when we first purchased them. The hold a charge for a long time. Just beware when you're looking to save a buck, you'll regret it, I sure did. Having a back-up battery is a fantastic idea, but only if it actually works!

Like many others, I am constantly worried about having enough battery power while on vacation, and thus, I am always tempted to purchase an extra battery. When it comes to batteries, this one is exception. Extremely light weight and incredibly durable. I took over 200 photos in one day, utilizing my S500's built-in flash indiscriminately. At the end of the day, I still had power left over to spare. But before you decide to purchase an extra battery, you should experiment with the NB-1LH battery that comes with the camera. Purchasing an extra battery may be overkill for your needs. However, if you want an extra battery as a backup, this one is the only way to go. You won't regret it, whereas with an off-brand, you're rolling the dice.

This is the one area in which I insist on buying an OEM battery. I always buy generic-- film, breakfast cereal, even printer cartridges. But with batteries, I found the hard way that you can't do that. I bought two off eBay, thinking it was cost-effective(you can get approximately 12 generic batteries for the price of a Canon one), but they lost their charge entirely after a month or two.



I have two of these batteries. They still hold a pretty good charge after 10 months of use. Recently, for example, I was at an event where I took nearly 100 flash photos and perhaps five minutes of video(I have an S500... video drains the battery), and the battery still had power left enough to take more photos the next day-- and upload data to my computer.



It's a pity they're so expensive. - Rechargeable Batteries - Battery - Camera Battery - Cannon Battery Pack'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information