Saturday 13 August 2011

Blank Media - dvd dual layer, dual layer dvd


I bought these simply to take a chance on the price/product. I am VERY pleasantly pleased. I have thus far burned 6 of them on my 2010 Mac Mini Superdrive. They ALL work perfectly in all of the players I have tested them on, including my old finicky Sony DVD/Karaoke player. I burned them at 6X speed - no problems, wanted to simply see if they would work without slowing them down. They did. Media identifies as "RICOHJPN D01". These are inkjet printable and I printed on all of them using my Epson RX595 printer. Flawless. Very pleased with this purchase and the seller. Optical Quantum 8X 8.5GB DVD+R Double Layer Blank Disc White Inkjet Hub Printable, 50 pcs

I was hesitant at first to buy these as I had never heard of the brand, but the price was very good and I was needing some inkjet printable DVD+R DL. So far I have been very impressed. I've been through 15 with no coasters, also I have a Epson RX680 printer that works wonderfully on these, the picture comes out great and does not smudge. I recommend these DVD+R DL and will be buying them again.

We own a dance studio and recently had a showcase that we also videoed. With the rising popularity of Blu-ray and the recent purchase of an HD video camera we decided to give our patrons an option of a Standard Definition DVD or a High Definition, AVCHD, DVD (incidentally, the AVCHD DVD only plays in a Blu-ray player or Play Station 3). We also wanted to make up a personalized label so it was either Litescribe or Printable disks to run through our Epson R300 photo inkjet printer. Once the video was edited, rendered and then a disk image created, we saw that the Hi Def image was 8.1 GB. I made a trial disk using some DVD+R DL stock that I had on hand and the video played perfectly. I have looked in our local stores, but none of them carry Litescribe or printable dual layer DVD's so my only option was to order them. I found these on Amazon and I have been very pleased. I burned 20 copies of our showcase without a hitch and all played as expected. I then designed a label and ran them through the printer. Again, no problems. I will be ordering these DVD's again. I will try to upload a picture because the write up does not quite make clear the printable area. Some printable DVD's have a large hub opening, these do not. The center hole is .60" and the center opening for the labeling is .88", so your labels will have a center hole about nickle size instead of a silver dollar.

I make a lot of my own DVDs at home and like to make them look as professional as possible, which is why I like having the printable label on the top. Finding cheap DL DVD's with Printable labels can sometimes be hard. Usually I can find packs for around $1 disc, but I paid $35 for 50 with these. Great price point right away. I also haven't had 1 become a coaster on me, so they're definitely good quality. This can be different with every computer. It all depends on your burner and its compatibility with the discs. I use an LG Bluray Burner Model #WH10LS30. I also use a low speed when burning as higher speeds can increase the chance of failed burns. These can burn at up to 8X, i never go above 4X. So I cant review burn speed. The Printable label looks great once printed on. No signs of fading or smudging.



Overall these are great discs and I plan on buying more. If you are unsure if they will be compatible with your burner, there are 10 packs out there you can buy to try them out. You probably shouldn't buy the 50 pack until you are sure, But I seriously doubt you will have any issues.

These Optical Quantum discs were identified with 'DVD Identifier' as being made by RICOHJPN. I've burned about 10 of them so far using both layers, and haven't had a 'coaster' yet. I'm extremely satisfied with the quality.



Like the awesome Optical Quantum single layer Blu-ray discs (manufacturer PHILIPS), these have a bonded matte white writing surface that cannot fly off at DVD speeds. I use Sharpie markers to label my discs, but people with inkjets that have disc feeders can print fully right on to the disc.



Highly recommended!

I've tried several different brands of blank media for CDs, DVDs, and Dual/Double Layer DVDs. It always seemed the more data they could hold, and the more they cost the more often I would need to toss them in the trash. The last batch of Dual layer DVDs I bought I threw nearly half them away. That is not the case with these!



The labels are pure white which is my preference when it comes to blank media. No words or strange symbols anywhere, just blank space to write. I used 20 of the DVDs already and have had ZERO failures so far. I use a Samsung dual layer DVD burner and it seems to work great with it. These DVDs seem to write faster with my burner than other brands I've used. I will never buy another brand of dual layer DVDs again.

I am an amateur video producer who creates 2+ hour long vidoes of children's theater. I have used disks from RiData, Verbatim and now Quantum. While I was able to make several DVDs with the Quantum disks that passed the burn verification stage they have a few problems that the Verbatim disks do not. When played in my older DVD player, these disks will not fast forward at anything more than 2x and will not play backward. With the identical source burned on the same machine, the verbatim disks do. Additionally a few have locked up around half way through then started playing again. I'm assuming this is in the transition between layers. I had hoped to find an equivilant to the verbatim disks for a lower price but have not.



If you plan to use these only with a computer you'll probably be fine, but if you plan to play them on a home DVD player, I'd recommend against it. - Dvd Dual Layer - Dvd Dl - Blank Media - Dual Layer Dvd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information