Saturday 13 August 2011

Digital Interconnects - cable, toslink


I would recommend this cable to anyone who wants to transport high quality sound more than just a few feet, at a low price...... unless you would rather pay more $ for a pretty cable. I love high quality electronics and this cable does the job just as well as my $35 6ft. optical cable. Some cables are worth the extra money, but one glass fiber transfers light the same as the next....no matter how its wrapped. RiteAV - Digital Optical Toslink Cable 25ft.

What can I say ... it's a cable and it works as advertised. I use this to run audio from my wall mounted LCD tv back to my receiver in a closet. I've had no problems with it, and I was able to spend the money I saved on more stuff I don't need, but can't live without :)

These cords are so expensive, and short. I actually received a 2 foot cord with one of the game headphones I recently purchased. Now, what can you do with a 2 foot cord? The right length at a ridiculously affordable price

The only purpose of a digital optical cable is to transport DIGITAL information (ones and zeros) to a source that can translate it to actual sound (i.e; receiver). Thus, sound quality is pretty much entirely based on your source and output device--not the type of cable you hook them up with. This cable is cheap and long with no visible construction defects. No need to spend more, get this and be completely satisfied.

The wire on this cable despite what the picture tells you is very thin... We are talking the wire (which isn't actually a copper wire its a plastic strand to send light through), Is as thin as an iPod headset wire... This wire will not bend as the aforementioned headset wire because if you bend this wire at a sharp 90° angle the signal will be heavily distorted or even die... And in the process of bending this wire you will break it... So I will recommend to you to buy the: RiteAV - ULTRA - Digital Optical Toslink Cable 25 ft. This cable has a braiding on it, so it will be a whole lot more sturdy/rugged... It is from the same manufacturer and seller/vendor... I wish I would of purchased the braided version of this product, cause I am deathly afraid that I will bend this cable too much one of these days....

I used this cable to connect my computer sound card to my surround sound system until HDMI connectors made it not needed.



My only problem with this cable is that with the sound turned down low it would randomly not play any sound at all. With the sound in a normal 'I'm watching movies and like surround sound' sound I never noticed a problem. If I weren't a nice townhouse resident I would probably never have noticed this flaw.

First it works fine. My use is to send sound from my computer to my a/v system on the other side of my room. The sound quality is of course identical to any other optical cable.



The sheathing is very thin and does not look suitable for frequent moves but fine for semi-permanent or permanent installs. Being very thin in diameter it is inconspicuous and easy to hide.

This cable arrived quickly and works as advertised. Digital Optical cables are grossly overpriced at most stores yet there is no difference in sound quality between this cable and one that costs $100. Save your money and spend it on movies to listen on your surround sound system. - Cheap - Audio - Cable - Toslink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information