Saturday 13 August 2011

Ps3 Controller - ps3 controller, move


By integrating both the MOVE (motion) controller AND the Nav Controller, this little accessory has the ability to add A LOT of fun to just about any shooting game.



Lacking an actual Move-based shooter, as in 'a real game' I could only test the Precision Shot 3 with the Time Crisis demo but, from what I experienced, I'm now a believer. And this is saying a lot from someone like me who is not that much into shooting games. I will take a few paragraphs to report my findings.





PACKAGING, SET UP, etc.



The gun comes in a nice cardboard box, easy to open.



Setup consists in sliding in the optional Nav Controller holder (gives you an optional second grip) and attaching the MOVE and the Nav. Very quick. Both controllers can be easily and quickly removed.



The gun comes with a little instruction sheet, useful because it shows how to properly handle the wrist strap and a warranty card. Warranty, by the way, is limited to 30 days.





FEATURES



I will list what I believe it's important to know about this gun:



- All buttons - no exceptions - can be reached while the controllers are mounted on the gun. Having the MOVE button on top of the gun may seem awkward initially but... this is the way it's going to be on any gun prop AND it took me only a couple of minutes to get myself used to it - on the Time Crisis Demo you press the MOVE button to lower your shield so that you can shoot and it felt natural quickly.



- Gun's trigger pulls the MOVE's trigger. Once the MOVE controller was attached and locked into the gun's body, the MOVE responded instantly whenever the gun trigger was pulled.



- The Nav attachment gives you a SECOND grip. This is a good thing for several reasons. It makes the weapon easier to handle, the targeting is more precise, you actually get a second trigger (the Nav's) that some future games may be able to take advantage of and, of course, all the buttons are on the weapon. The demo I played did not allow for movement but Nav's analog joystick the D-pad and the trigger felt in the proper place and I'm looking forward to actually use them in a game.



- This gun has sights. It's one of the many little features that makes using this prop so much fun.



- The back of the gun has an opening used not only for taking out the wrist strap but it makes it possible to charge the MOVE controller while mounted.



- Finally, one not-so-good thing: the second hand grip, where the Nav is mounted, is not as solid as I would have liked it to be. But, this being a gun, not a sword or an axe, I don't expect it to break for as long as I am aware that this is a breakable plastic prop, not a real weapon.





GAMING EXPERIENCE AND EVALUATION



I noted already that the only 'game' I was able to play so far was the Time Crisis demo. It's something that you can finish in 5 minutes or so and all you do is aim and shoot - you don't move around independently or duck for cover. I played the demo with a Dual Shock and with the Precision Shot and so did my kids. We all agreed that 'the gun' was far superior to the Dual Shock in every respect other than the rumble which is weaker on the MOVE. With the gun, you can easily strafe and quickly kill dozens of foes if in automatic fire mode because aiming is quick, precise and intuitive. The shape and the weight of the gun, the pulsating light - it's red when you fire - and the little rumble that is transmitted into the gun's body while firing make using the Precision Shot a lot of fun and a lot MORE fun than the Dual Shock control.



Since all the buttons are within easy reach, with the gun's trigger pulling the MOVE's trigger, this should work with any and all future shooter games. The second Nav grip is just genius in my view. When it comes to MOVE-enabled shooters, it would be hard to beat this gun. Now, only if we could get SOME games. Please?



Amazon's 5 stars are awarded when you can can say "I love it" about the reviewed item. Well... I really do. Just about everything - other than the second grip being a little weak - is well thought and well designed. This gun prop really adds value and enjoyment to Sony's MOVE when playing a shooter.





--

>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! << MOVE Precision Shot 3

The objective of a gun accessory, IMO, is to allow you to trigger your shot continuously, accurately and effortlessly.



While the MOVE precision shot 3 does well in the first two department, shooting using the accessory requires a LOT of effort and induces LOTS of pain.



The spring mechanism controlling the trigger is way too hard to depress. I try the gun on Time Crisis razing storm Arcard mode and after only at most 2 mins of gameplay, my finger starts to hurt from pulling the trigger. I later realized that i can fire consistently without pulling the trigger. You can hold on to the trigger and the game allows you to continuously fire. Even then, my finger still hurts after only 10 mins of gameplay. (And no, I am not a girl with fragile fingers. I am an outdoor person, exercise regularly and can do finger pushup). This makes me very hard to recommend the gun as an accessory for the PS3 move games.



However, if you can handle the trigger, than the gun could be a great accessory for you. The gun looks expensive and constructed of good quality material. It also feel solid and intuitive to hold.

This was a great gun to use for the new Time Crisis razing storm. I started out just playing the arcade mode which was very fun but there was only one bad thing. To reload your weapon you still have to use the buttons on the move controller and not the navigation which is under the gun. No customizable controls on this game other than reverse the reload button and the fire button. I did notice once you get into career mode you can use the navigation controller, so I tried that. Once in Career or story mode there are alot of buttons to press on the move controller which is on top of the gun, so it makes it very tricky to use the nav controller underneath the gun to move around and still use the buttons on top too. I did try to play the game and go through the first mission 2 times with the controller and the navigation in the gun and tried it one time with the move controller just in hand. For me having the move controller in one hand and the nav controller in the other hand made for a better score and better game play experience. It's very difficult to move around and look and the same time when you have both of these connected to the gun. I'm sure when more shooters come out this might be better but for now it's an OK add on to your PS Move collection. - Playstation Move - Move - Ps3 Exclusive - Ps3 Controller'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ps3 Controller - ps3 controller, move ps3 exclusive Ps3 Controller - ps3 controller, move