Saturday 13 August 2011

Evo Extended Battery Case - htc evo 4g, fusion


Thank you Seidio for finally making a decent case that accommodates for the extended battery on the Thunderbolt. As any fellow Thunderbolt owner knows, the extended battery is a must! The standard battery just doesn't do the job. This case fits the phone and battery perfectly. The belt holster also holds the phone very well. It has a locking mechanism that holds the phone firmly in place. The belt clip swivels, so it can be worn in a vertical or horizontal fashion. The only thing I don't particularly care for is that there is no way to use your built in metal kick-stand with this case, but the plastic one that comes built on to the case isn't too bad. Overall, this case is exactly what I've been looking for! Seidio CONVERT Extended Case for HTC Thunderbolt (fits 2750 / 3200 mAh batteries)

The Seidio CONVERT Case for the HTC Thunderbolt equipped with the 2750 mAh extended battery (and cover) fits perfectly and works great. I love the fact that my 4G LTE phone is now MIL-STD certified for drops from reasonable heights. I wish that the case also provided MIL-STD certification for dust and submersion in water, but I feel comfortable with the improved dust and water resistance provided by the rubberized inner shell.



I specifically wanted to write this review to comment on the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard that comes in the kit, which requires special care to apply without air bubbles forming. I ended up using my lens cleaner kit (that I use on my expensive DSLR lenses) to clean the touchscreen on my phone before applying the screen guard. If you run into problems, simply clean the screen guard with Scotch tape strips and start over. Only after I cleaned my touchscreen and screen guard was I able to apply the screen guard without air bubbles forming; it honestly looks like there is no screen guard installed.



I was also concerned that the total package would add a significant amount of heft to my smartphone, but this is simply not the case; the CONVERT Case is a quality lightweight package. I recommend this case kit for anyone looking to ruggedize the HTC Thunderbolt.

I do all types of remodeling and construction. This case is perfect! A bit bulky, but it protects the Thunderbolt very well. Thick, rubberized edging to protect the entire phone. Flaps that seal fairly well at the various ports keep the majority of the dust out. Also, there is a cover for the camera lens that no other Thunderbolt case has! I love it!

When I bought my Thunderbolt it felt a bit delicate in my hands and hard to hold on to. Now with my Seidio Convert case, it is comfortable and easy to hold. I was a bit surprised at how much more it weighs, but that wasn't really a major concern for me. Fits perfect. Sometime I pick it up just to hold it...It feels so solid. One word of caution, maybe it was just me, don't remove the battery door. I thought that one of the pieces was meant to replace the battery door and found it messed up my wireless and gps services. Once I put my battery door back on, I was fine. The instructions were a bit vague.

It is currently the only extended battery ruggedized case available for the Thunderbolt.



The things that could be better are as follows.

Clip on top gets caught on the silicone skin when placing back into holster. (You just have to watch what you're doing)

The kickstand that is built in can not be opened with you fingers. (You'll have to pry it open with a key or other small object)

The silicone door over the camera lens has to be held open while taking pictures. (It has a push in slot that doesn't work)



The good things about it.

It is a very good case with excellent padding and protection from everyday use.

The size and feel of it is just great. (Feels like you have a real phone again, unlike the cheap plastic feel of most phones these days)

I never even come close to running the battery dead in a day. (I was always scared to use the extended battery without a case)



It is a very good case and I'd recommend it to anyone.

I really like this product. A little tricky putting it together but worth every second of effort. This thing is solid as a rock! If you don't mind the added weight of an extended cell phone battery and the additional layers of protective shell casing, then this is a solid (literally) choice. Go for it! - Htc Evo 4g - Case - Proglide - Fusion'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Evo Extended Battery Case - htc evo 4g, fusion case Evo Extended Battery Case - htc evo 4g, fusion