Saturday 13 August 2011

Nikon Lens Cleaner - nikon, cleaner


I have the Nikon Lens Pen Cleaning System which I purchased for a fast easy way to clean my lens however this system is much more effective. The cleaner is phenomenal and the pre-moistened cloths that come with the package are easy to use and very effective. Very compact and at 4in x 2 1/2 the cleaner can tag along in my Crumpler with no problem. All of the dust particles I've had on my camera from the Nikon Lens Pen Cleaning System have been picked up completely by the Nikon Complete Lens Cleaner Kit, I'm back to crystal clear pictures again. Nikon Complete Lens Cleaner Kit

It does the job but the included "pre-moistened" pads are a waste and are are quickly gone.



Instead, stop by Costco and get the eye glass cleaning kit for $5.95. Comes with atomiser x 2 (small and large) lint free cleaning cloth. Best, cleaning solution refills are free forever at the Costco store. The solution is GREAT. Best lens cleaner I've used. No carry case but hey, a small zip lock works fine.

I'm pretty much pure Nikon, but I wouldn't buy this again. Poor atomizer. Shoots out heavy blobs of cleaner, over a foot out before it turns into a mist. This means that not only the lens, but the barrel, your hand, and anything else within a two or three foot circle catches the mist. And the cloth is not very absorbent so you spend a lot of time rubbing and rubbing. And rubbing.

The pieces of this kit work well -especially the cloth and liquid. Unfortuantesly it did not come with the case as advertised and seller thought I should contact the manufacturer to get it. I did get a refund.

I was lookjing for a kit to take hiking in the mountians..

I'd never purchased a lens cleaner before this, but I couldn't recommend the Nikon Complete Lens Cleaner Kit to anyone.



Right from the get-go, I had problems. The package construction is shoddy - the velcro 'button' fell off the FIRST time I opened it! The cleaning spray is way too gushy, and you do spend a lot of time cleaning up/rubbing out the mess. The moist towelettes (that's really what they are) work surprisingly well, no streaks at all As Advertised - but you may still need compressed air to get it spotless.

I loved the lens cleaner kit, it comes with a lens cleaner bottle, and moist lens cleaner cloths, and a lens cloth itself...and a great carrying case for those moments when carrying a camera and u need to clean your lens in an fast, effective way.

I don't know if it is the liquid or the towel (lent) or whatever. I was never happy with this product. It just spreads the dust or fingerprints all over the lens and I still need to use more cleaning maneuvers to get rid of the dirt or dust. My best luck with cleaning my lenses was with a combination of the Air Blower and the pen brush-lens restoration pin. The lens manual always advises none contact cleaning as any scrubbing against your lens can damage it and this always start with good quality air blower. I find myself doing more scrubbing after using this kit than I would if I stuck with the Air blower and the brush pin. - Lens Cleaner - Canon - Cleaner - Nikon'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information