Saturday 13 August 2011

Colored Markers - colored markers, sharpie


I've purchases the Bic mark-it collection of 12 ultra-fine permanent markers, hoping that their 'ultra-fine' points will indeed be as fine as the ultra-fine points on pens. I needed ultra-fine points and needed them to be permanent. So I thought it'd be perfect. However, the markers are not 'ultra-fine' as far as points in pens go. In reality they are more similar to 'fine'--thinner lines than other permanent markers of the same maker, yes, but not ultra-thin by any means. The colors are good, the quality is ok. I would've been happier for a more accurate description--not only in relation to other Bic markers, but in relation to actual point grading in pens. Bic Mark-It Color Collection Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point, Assorted, 12 Markers

These permanent markers are perfect for what it does. Great assortment of colors and extremely fine, allowing precision. The only problem I have is that it bleeds through regular paper. I use heavier white paper (25lbs.) and it will still bleed through. If you're using white paper to draw on I highly suggest you have a clipboard or something on the back as not to make marks all over your table surface. Also since it bleeds through I wouldn't recommend using on paper that is double sided.

I was debating between ordering more of the Sharpie Ultra Fine Permanent Markers or the Bic Mark-It Ultra Fine Permanent Markers. I decided to order the Bic Mark-It Ultra Fine Permanent Markers because I could get a set of them at a lower price as well as in a nice variety of colors, not just the basic colors. Now I really regret it because when I write with the Bic's markers it leaves small dots (pools/puddles) where I lift the marker up from the paper. It also bleeds a little through the paper. The Bic markers does its job, but not well. When I compare the Sharpie and the Bic's writings next to each other I can see how much cleaner and more defined the writing is with the Sharpie. I highly recommend Sharpie's Ultra Fine markers over these Bic Mark-It markers.

I bought the markers about a year ago. I didn't use them very often - most are unused and the caps never taken off. They are all dry now. The caps do not keep the air out. I'd rather have markers that last until I need them.

I bought these markers for my students to use in my class, and they love them. They don't have a bad odor, and they don't bleed through paper. A few of the colors seemed to be dry, but the kids love the pens.

I am a Sharpie user to the exclusion of all other pens but bought these on sale. They are pretty colors and I would definitely purchase them again. They write smoothly and dry quickly without smearing.

Well I kind of like these markers but I'm really disappointed with the fact that two out of the 12 markers were damage and completly dry. so my attempt on whatever money I was trying to save was a complete failure. now i gotta go to stapples and buy the same stupid colors again. so frustrated.

I actually got 2 of these pens for free through a friend after complimenting him on how well they wrote. He was marking up diamonds using the Bic Mark-It Ultra-Fine Permanent Markers because they were easy to use on such a small surface. Anyhow, I use them to write on many postcards as wedding thank you's without any smearing. I own these 2 colors: Hot Aqua and Deep Sea Blue. I plan on ordering more in either fine or ultra fine for my wedding guest book.



After awhile, the ultra fine tip does get worn out, so it has to be held vertically (won't work at 45 degree angle), but that happens with Sharpie Fine Point Markers too. I think these Bic ULTRA FINE Point are similar to Sharpie FINE Point by the way. I may stop by Staples to check out the Bic Fine Point markers in person.



I definitely would recommend this to friends and family, plus buy it again. - Bic - Sharpie - Colored Markers - Markers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Colored Markers - colored markers, sharpie markers Colored Markers - colored markers, sharpie