Saturday 2 July 2011

Vista Compatible - external floppy, sony


Recently I found myself in desperate need of a floppy drive. I needed access to a file that was on an old 3.5 inch Floppy. I had somehow never gotten around to transferring it to CD. This little portable floppy drive saved the day! If you are running XP or Vista, you just plug the drive in to an available USB port and you are ready to go. Both my laptop and desktop recognized the drive immidiately.It's a 2X drive, so it reads and writes fast. The drive comes with a stand so you can set it on your desk either flat or virtically. It also comes with both a black and a sliver snap on cover. My only complaint is the USB cable is hard wired to the drive and it is very short,(2 feet).

I'm rediscoverring tons of old games, fonts and programs I had completely forgotten about. Retro computing! What was once old is new again. Sony External USB Floppy Drive (MPF88E/UA/181) Sony External USB Floppy Drive (MPF88E/UA/181)

I was hesitant on ordering a floppy drive via internet. I was very impressed with the speed of service! The installation was incredibly easy. I had no complications whatsoever. Two thumbs up with this product.

I had a laptop which required me to remove the CD if I wanted a 3.5 inch floppy drive. What a pain! This external floppy drive pluges into the USB port and I was fully functioanl using CD and floppy drive functions without the cumbersome effort to switch bays. Worked smoothly. Well worth the money the first day.

Like most technology "old-timers", I have a collection of floppy disks going back more than a dozen years, but the newer computers often don't even include floppy drives anymore. So, without even knowing if these kinds of products existed, I simply searched Amazon for "USB floppy drive", to see if someone had invented a nice modern version of the standard drive I need to move and copy files from my old media - and viola'! I found this one and ordered it...



It works beautifully. The convenience of modern USB, merged with support for not just 3.5" floppy disks for several other formats as well (and cross-platform support for Windows and Mac) -- all makes for a great product, which simply works! Plug it in, insert a disk, and your PC or Mac will "see" it immediately. Moves files very fast, and gave me no trouble whatsoever. I'd definitely recommend this solution, as the easiest way to give your new computer or laptop that ability to handle almost any floppy media!



PS: It includes two color plastic covers, so you can have your choice of colors, or just leaving the nice case as is (I use black, of course - since I'm a super-geek :) - Usb Floppy Drive - Sony - External Floppy - Usb External Floppy Drive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information