Saturday 2 July 2011

Helicopter - syma, gyro


I have had this for 24 hours, crashed it into the roof, a tree, my dog, my girlfriend and countless pieces of furniture! This thing is Durable! Thick plastic pivot blades, a thick plastic nose shell and a Aluminum skeleton.



It takes about 30min to charge from a completely dead battery with a proprietary charger and flies for about 10 minutes outdoors and 15 minutes indoors. It can fly it 1 - 2 mph wind outdoors but because it doesn't pitch a lot (maybe 5 degrees in both directions) you are really just chasing it as it goes in the direction of the wind.



The Gyro is not a joke it really really works, yawing the unit by hand you can feel the individual blades slow to compensate and stabilize. Outdoors it really shows how well it helps keep the unit level. The control has a trim knob to keep the unit from spinning while hovering.



The controller itself feels really cheap and the decals placed on it are off center to a point where it was inhibiting the trim knob and required me to remove it.



So the only 2 real complaints about this RC is the lack of Forward and Reverse maneuverability, and the quality of the controller. Otherwise well worth $40, maybe my dog and Girlfriend will stop hiding soon :)



PS. For replacement Parts for this unit:

[...] 3.5-Ch Metal Outdoor RC Helicopter S032

I Purchased The Syma S032 Thinking it would Fly Like My Syma S107. Well, at first I thought : "Hey This sucks!" It didn't fly like my S107. It Kept Trying to Go To The Right. No Matter what I did in trim it still would not lift off like the S 107. Until.... I took a long look at both Helicopters. On The Syma S 107 there are two ball link connectors and on the S 032 there is only ONE!! Well, I purchased a couple of extra parts and added the link...VIOLA!!!! It Flies as Perfect Now as The S-107. I suggest if you purchase this Helicopter, look it over when you get it and purchase the link if it is not there. The Manufacturer and Sellers, should take note and add that part for buyers. It's a cheap add on. (I suggest include it at no charge) And you will have as Happier Customer!!!

When i bouught this product for the first time, it did not work, but the Deron from BASAL enterprises was great. I sent an e-mail explaining the problem, he called me immediately and send me the return voucher to send the product back. The great customer service is that he did not wait for the damaged product to get back to him. He did ship a replacement for me on the same day i was sending the damaged one back to him. replacement came in withing three days right in time for my 8 year old's birthday. My son loves this one, they have been flying in indoors and outdoors. it works great, probably it might have went up to 100 feet in air. Ordered one more from Deron

I've had a number of micro RC heli's and also have a 250 size 6-channel heli. I think of them all this little Syma s032 is the most fun and easiest of them all. The gyroscope makes flying it nearly "idiot-proof" since it stabilizes itself as soon as you let go of the stick. So forward motion it automatically arrests etc. Makes it very easy to fly I fly it through obstacles etc in the house and have taken it outside as well. It is VERY sensitive to any wind. Even wind you can't see/feel it seems to be bothered by. One of the things I didn't like though was the range is nowhere near the 50m they claim. I took it out about 50-80 feet and it was doing fine when it suddenly lost the signal and dropped out of the sky. Another good display of its durability though as it was completely undamaged.



Overall the helicopter is very easy to fly and does a great job. Incredibly durable, I've never had a helicopter sustain anywhere near this much abuse without any breakage. Flight time is reasonably short, about 5 minutes or less, and it charges in about 30-45 minutes usually. Not bad though for quick occasional flights on a whim.



It would be nice if you could have more than one batter and swap them, but the battery connector doesn't match the wall charger and it takes some effort to change the battery out, so that is not very feasible with the overall design.



Great little durable heli that I definitely recommend! I'll be buying some more of them for christmas to gift to some family members!

Syma helicopters looks good but they don't last. I've purchased 4 now and after couple weeks they start missing pieces or the electronics stop working.



Here the history:



1. Syma S013 Mini UH-60- Only cost $20 and is still alive but no landing gear.

2. Syma S107 - I felt in love with the S013, so I bought a Red S107 with the Gyro thinking that a more sophisticated model will increase the flying experience. The power switch broke after 2 weeks. (This was a replacement from a faulty one out of the box)

3. Syma S032 - Ordered this one along with the Red S107, but after the first week used to take forever for the gyro to activate, now the control light keeps blinking and no connection to the receiver.

4. Syma S107 - Bought a yellow S107 because I could not wait for the parts to arrive from China to fix the old one. After 2 weeks, lithium batteries are not charging. Glad that I have the old one as a spare.



My nephew bought a S107 from Amazon recently that also wasn't working out of the box.



I'll try another brand hoping for a better quality .

As a beginner with RC Helicopters I have to say this S032 is the best 3 channel "BANG FOR YOUR BUCK".

"AGAIN INDOOR ONLY". I got a 9053 just because it was so big and easy to fly. ALL REMARKS APLY TO BOTH MODELS. By extra blades, a must. I fly it every week with a HELI Club we started. I have only chipped one blade sense I purchased it. Doing speed dives under and over things. Pushing my flying skills AND I pushed my baby into a metal pole. OPPS! I recommend a backup battery for double the pleasure in flight time. But then allow the motors to cooldown.



KEY POINTS:

o You can and will master the FLIGHT CONTROLS but each one is different DAH!!

o If you can't figure that out just give it up and stop crying like a bunch of "BABIES".

o OH MY HELI BROKE IN ON DAY; or THE BUILD QUALITY IN POOR (REALLY!) grow up. Start slow and fly in an open wind free environment first. Then you will see all the pieces fall in place LIKE TRIM, SWAY AND PITCH. Worked it out all in one flight because I took my time.



My S032 and Double Horse 9053 are great. Never crashed unless I did something daring.



TIPs:

o To add weight help on both to fly outside. Double sided sticky tape and pennies, but your helicopter, your money, your RISK.

o Find your center of balance line and attach pennies as needed. So easy for FORWARD and READ PITCH.



Again the best BEGINNER MODELS IN MY OPINION ARE THE SYMA S032 MEDUIM SIZE 15 INCHES LENGTH AND THE DOUBLE HORSE 9053 26 INCHES LENGTH . BUY BETTER QUALITY LI-POLY BATTERIES, WORTH THE MONEY, - Syma Rc Helicopter - Rc - Gyro - Syma'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Helicopter - syma, gyro rc Helicopter - syma, gyro