Saturday 2 July 2011

Ipad Accessory - ipad cover, ipad


When I first ordered this case, I didn't pay any attention for the fact that it is made out of silicone. So it is a soft(rubbery) case. I've gone to Fry's, Micro Center, Best Buy, and Apple Stores but I couldn't really find one that I particularly like. I wanted something like Speck case for macbooks, which are hard cases. But when I saw the deal Amazon had for this case at $9.95 (original retail price $39), I though I may as well try it out. From the pictures, it looks like a hard case. But when I did receive it, I found out that it's a soft case. I was really disappointed.



BUT (a big but heh), once I manage to fit it to my iPad which fits snugly. I ended up liking it and I was so glad that I had the case. The gloss of the silicone makes it look very chic. The design in the back is quite nice as well. I like the transparency of it. You still can see the apple logo in the back. And the best part of it is it fits so well that it doesn't seem to add much thickness to the iPad itself. It makes the iPad grips better in your hands.



Although it may not give the maximum protection if you drop it. It does give enough protection to the back if the iPad which is the part that scratches the most. The glass part of the iPad (which is the same glass as iPhone) is very durable itself. So, in my opinion the case gives enough protection for it to be light and easy to handle. You may want to consider to buy an iPad sleeve if you travel with it a lot. Other than that, I think this case works and looks fantastic.



PROS: chic, snugly fit, doesn't add much thickness to the iPad itself, looks great and feels great, easy to put on and take off

CONS: soft case (which can also be good), doesn't have front coverage/protection



ps. I uploaded several pics to show what the case looks like when it's on the iPad. The pics also show how it fits around the volume control and the charging dock. You can see how the iPad doesn't look bulky at all with the case on.

I purchased this case from Amazon because of the low price and to give me some time to find a better one for travel. The fit and grip that this case provides are great. It doesn't provide that much protection from drops or anything major, but I use it around the house and it's perfect. The biggest benefit in my opinion is the added grip that the hard silicon feeling material gives. If You're typing with the iPad on your leg it stays in place much better than without it.



If you are putting the iPad in a briefcase with other stuff this case might not be the best, but for casual use it's perfect.

We went through at least 10 cases and screen protectors for the iPads in the house. Some are great, others not.



This is a great buy, and my personal favorite. Let's break it down really fast for would-be purchasers:



Pros



Fit: Fits snug and perfect, all ports easily accessible, hole present for speakers, moulded perfect for all buttons.



Material: Great! A little more rubbery than most silicone cases, so this is like a cross between a hard case and a soft case. The material grips well, but isn't "sticky". This helps it sit on legs or a stand better, but isn't so rubbery as to be annoying.



Look: Great! The semi-clear material allows you to keep that apple aesthetic while protecting the iPad. This is the best looking case we found. It is a very snug fit and is rather thin, so you get protection without adding a lot of bulk.



Screen protector: CHECK IT OUT! We went through four brands of screen protectors. Anyone who has tried knows this can be tricky. They get bubbles, lint can get under them, and they're a pain to apply. This one was THE BEST. It went on fast and easy, and looks perfect. It was the only one to do this. (see tips below)



Cost: A GREAT Value



Cons



None that we can tell. The model I got has a hole cut out for the Apple logo. This could result in scratching in the future, but I'm not sure that's a big concern.





Tips for a perfect screen protector application:



To get the best application, clean your iPad and work surface well with a damp lint-free cloth. Use canned air to spray off any add'l lint. Apply the screen protector SLOWLY from the home button end upward, removing the backing as you go to minimize lint/trapped air. Once it's in place, use a credit card and/or cotton swab to patiently brush out any air. Do this BEFORE removing the top protective layer, since the removal of air can scratch the film if you do it after the upper protective layer is peeled off. Look things over carefully with the iPad turned off. If there is any lint or dust trapped, NOW is the time to peel the layer up and remove them. It is impossible to do this after both protective films are removed, and you will ruin the screen protector. If things look good, very slowly peel off the top layer, making sure not to pull too hard so as to allow air back under the screen protector. Viola - with a little patience you'll have a perfect application! Do you need this? YES! One of our iPads has lived in a relatively tame home office only environment. It has never been dropped or anything, and there are some minor scratching. Whatever Apple - this spendy toy NEEDS screen protection. - Silicone - Ipad - Ipad Cover - Ipad Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information