Sunday 24 July 2011

Very Good - astronomy, laser pointer


I own several laser pointers. The dot from this one is a blur. This pointer is dimmer than any of the others I have purchased even though it claims to be 50mw and higher wattage than any of the others own. What a dissappointmentDO NOT BUY THIS ITEM!!!!! It fades in and out. Appears to get a little brighter after a period of using it but is still a blurry dim green light. Green Laser Pointer 50mW

This is represented as being a 50mw green laser pointer. It is really a simple green light flashlight.

The focus point is 3" in diameter at 10 feet, hardly a pointer. There is no visable light beam, so it cannot be used to direct peoples' vision in a certain direction.

I purchased this to use as a pointer to the stars for classes I teach in astronomy.

It does me no good to have a dot of green that is absorbed after 40 feet and no beam light to direct the persons eyes.

It is a total waste of money and I was scammed.

Save yours.

This laser, at least the one I received, was very anemic. Though advertised as a 50mW device it just barely outperforms my old red laser. Nothing like other green lasers I have seen in action that seem to shoot a beam of light into infinity in the night sky. I wish I had read all of the reviews before I impulsively ordered this one. They would have been a red flag. Kudos though to Amazon for making the return process utterly painless.

My fellow astronomers who own real 5mw laser pointers have a brighter beam than this 50mw. I was ignorant about the cheap knock offs until I purchased this. You will be better off putting your money into a good 5mw that is the real thing.

Well, I doubt that this laser is truly near 50mW but for the price I think it is very good. The beam is visible especially in a dark space and as soon as I took it out with me people where amazed by the bright beam.

It is not a toy and should be used with care and caution. It is not suitable for playing with pets as even reflections can cause blindness at these power levels.

The build of the devices is solid although I don't like the sound of the metallic button shaking around in its socket.



I have no regrets with this purchase.

Yeah I caught the laser fever over the 5mw green laser....then I found this 50mw green laser and thought I struck gold....being fairly new to online purchasing, I think this was an eye opener to the outright FALSE advertising of online retailers. I can't believe they get away with this bs! Yeah the 50mw laser pen MIGHT have shined brighter than the 5mw for about 5 min....only to quickly fade to EXACTLY the same strength as the 5mw!

I just received this laser pen and it is exactly what I was looking for, which I use mainly for astronomy.

I wanted a laser with a strong, sharp beam, good visibility and ease of use. This unit meets all of those.

At night, it goes farther than I thought it would. Makes pointing out specific stars or groups very easy.

This is my first laser and it is only a couple of days since I got it, so if anything changes, I'll post again.

I am unable to concur with the poor reviews of this device.

The pointer that I got was very bright and reasonably well-collimated. At 100' it produced a highly-visible dot about 1/8" diameter in a well-lit environment. Even in bright daylight (full sun) it could be seen against a dark background at 30'.

It was delivered to my workplace, and everyone who played with it was impressed and thought that it cost at least $50. I use it to illuminate plastic parts so that low-contrast features stand out for photography.



Construction is of aluminium, so it is relatively durable. Something rattles around in the diode end, but it doesn't seem to affect the function.



Remember, this is not a toy and is capable of damaging someone's eyesight. - Laser Pointer - Green Laser - Green Laser Pointer - Astronomy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information