Sunday 24 July 2011

Dual Screens - dual screens, dual dvd player


We purchased this unit for a road trip with our young children. I couldn't have asked for a better unit. We paid about $140 with fulfillment by Amazon.



It comes with all the cables you'll ever need: A/C adaptor, car adaptor, cassette adaptor (not sure what that's for), cables to connect DVD player to a TV, cable to connect DVD playing unit to the second monitor, two sets of headphones. Also comes with remote control and batteries.



The included cases that hold the units to the back of the front-row headrests were easy to install and work fine. The car cord reaches from the front seat all the way to the outlet in the trunk of my Honda Odyssey, leaving the front outlet available for phone/ipod/gps/etc.



The picture is clear on both screens, and sound from either unit was clear and loud enough even on bumpy roads. Anti-skip technology worked well.



Potential Cons (and I'm really stretching to call them "cons"):



1. You have to unplug, then take the player out of the headrest-mounted holder to change the DVD. I didn't think this was hard to do; I'd get the movie cued up before replacing the unit in its holder.



2. DVD player takes an extra moment or two to skip ahead when you press the >> button. This is relative to a nice DVD player I have in my family room at home. I can't see how this would inconvenience anyone too much. It's a matter of a few seconds, not "forever."



3. Headphones are a strange design, I couldn't figure out how to get them to fit on anyone's head. They do work, we plugged them in just to test them out, but we never intended to use them, so I didn't try too hard to figure out how to make them fit. I'll give Coby the benefit of the doubt and assume they probably do fit on someone's head, somehow. [update: I got a teenager to show me how the headphone goes around the ear. I feel so OLD.]



4. Be careful where you store the screens; like other portable DVD players, they can scratch.



BOTTOM LINE: Just what we needed, high quality video and audio on both screens for a great price! Highly recommend. Coby TFDVD7751 7-Inch Tablet Portable Dual Screen DVD Player, Black

I received this portable DVD player as a present from my parents. It was a great gift for the whole family, especially my 2 and 3 year olds. I love it and it works great.



The screens are made to hang on the back of the headrests of the front of car seats but we installed ours in a four door truck which doesn't have the type of seats with a separated headrest. We ended up having to criss-cross the straps to hang the screens on the back of the seats but that ended up working just fine.



Some have mentioned whether the quality was as good on the second screen, I have noticed that the sound seems to not be quite as loud on the second unit but that hasn't been a problem because both screens' volume adjusts individually and I just turn the second one up a little.



For those that are not familiar with the basic operations: one screen is the player where the DVD is actually inserted and the other is just a monitor, the two screens are connected to each other by cords and they play the same thing at the same time. You can hook them up inside a car with the car adaptor cord or into a wall outlet with AC/DC adaptor.



I'm not techy at all and I figured out how to operate and install within just minutes so operation and set-up is a breeze.



The only inconvenience on long trips is that to switch DVDs, you must remove the player from its pouch, disconnect the wires, switch the Dvds then reinsert in case and reattach the wires. It's not really a problem on short trips but if you're traveling for longer, then you will have to pullover to change out DVDs. But I think that would be the case with any of these portable DVD players.



This set comes with head phones, which we don't use for safety reasons with small children. It also comes with a remote, car adaptor cord, two AC/DC adaptors, and audio and video cables. It also plays CDs for audio listening and jpeg files but I've only used with DVDs.



It's been really great to use and I'm so thankful for it. I recommend to others, just wish they had stuff like this around when I was a kid.

I would have to say that when I bought this unit I was a little affraid. I read reviews on other units that talked about how the 2nd screen didn't have a great picture. This unit was not like that. We bought it for our 21 month old for our 6hr trips to and from our parents. It was on most of the trip and had no isses. The second screen has just as good of a picture as the main screen. I was very pleased with the unit. The sound is great also. The only drawback is the case that holds the units. You have to unplug the unit in order to take it out and switch the dvd. Also it scratches the screen if you are not careful. But I still give it a 5 star. I recommend it for anyone who has kids and travels. A+ - Dual Dvd Player - Car Dvd Player - Portable Dvd Player - Dual Screens'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dual Screens - dual screens, dual dvd player car dvd player Dual Screens - dual screens, dual dvd player