Sunday 24 July 2011

Cpu Grease


I had an older PS3 with a really noisy fan and hot running issue. I disassembled it, found excess thermal paste from the factory assembly job. I cleaned the heat sinks and chip set surfaces and applied a modest amount of Antec thermal grease in an X pattern. I reassembled the PS3 and tested it - it runs much cooler with the fan operating at a lower level and hardly audible. How much this dramatic improvement can be attributed to a proper assembly job on the chips and how much to the Antec grease, I don't know but the grease clearly works at some level. Thermal Grease

The product is good but the item description is very misleading. It states that it will be 1 pound worth of it but in fact it's only 3oz that is shipped to you.



I contacted Amazon regarding this order and they just shipped me the same thing again. It's not really their fault, I guess, for not knowing. But they need to revise the item description. The price is not good but considering that I got a lot of deals from Amazon, they are still a good place to shop. Just not for this item.



BUYER BEWARE. This is not 1 pound worth of thermal grease. You can buy this for about a dollar an oz locally compared to over double here.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information