Sunday 24 July 2011

Cheap Seats - kitchen, gadgets


I honestly loved these ice trays until 2 months after purchase. They worked great, and aside from the 90 second rule when pulling them out of the freezer, they were wonderful. Until the 2 month mark, when in the same day, the handles on both trays busted. Pretty disappointing, since there aren't alot of choices out there for small ice trays for us ice chewer addicts. I've switched back to my Arrow Plastic 00055 Ice Cube Trays, because they are durable enough to make it through anything! Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays

Okay, if those who hated this product just followed the product instructions then they would love these trays as much as I do! You HAVE TO let the trays sit out of the freezer for 60-90 seconds before twisting for removal. Do this, and lovely little perfect squares will dispense! I have had some squares break in 1/2, but this doesn't happen all the time.



Great for shaking cocktails & just a more delicate presentation of any iced drink. No more huge chunked ice hitting you in the nose.

I am, frankly, shocked by the negative reviews of these wonderful little ice cube trays. Because of those comments, I only bought four previously but then also bought six of the blue Arrow ice cube trays for mini cubes--just in case.



The Arrow trays are wonderful, but the ice cubes they make, while small, are not SMALL ENOUGH for crunching unless you have steel jaws and have total disregard for your teeth. I love tiny ice cubes; but my automatic ice maker makes big old fashioned cubes, and I have ALWAYS hated it. I like the kind available in fountain drinks--but I could never find the way to make them at home, and ice crushers are noisy and messy.



These tiny cubes are perfect. The only possible objection I can see is clearly addressed in the instructions. YOU HAVE TO LET THE CUBE TRAY SIT for a minute or so after removing it from the freezer, or it WILL be hard to pop out the cubes.



But that's the only thing. I am buying six more of these right now. I have a small kitchenette with an under counter fridge/freezer near my room because I have a four-story house and I basically LIVE at the top of it; trekking downstairs endlessly to feed my ice crunching addiction, while good exercise, was also irritating to say the least! I think I will be able to stack ten of these trays on top of each other--even in my limited freezer space (one ice cube tray deep and about eight inches tall--could probably fit three more stacks of ten, but that is a tad over the top--even for me!).



Seriously, the mini cubes are just divine! I also have have three regular sized ice cube trays because, as cute as these minis are, they sure can go fast if you are making frozen drinks in a blender. For that, the Arrow minis are actually better since they are larger. But, like I said, I am an ice addict--and ice cube trays are the only thing anyone will ever find in my freezer!

I love lemon water & warm lemon water in the morning. So I buy a lot of lemons and sadly, some good bad before I can use them (maybe I should work on better citrus selection!). Regardless, had a great idea to squeeze my entire bag of lemons, then freeze them in the tray so I have lemon juice at the ready all the time! So far...couldn't be happier! Like another reviewer said, I leave the tray out to defrost a bit then I pop all the cubes into baggies and back into the freezer. Now I have "lemon juice" at the ready all the time! Will also do with lime, garlic and anything else I can think of! I love this ice tray!

I actually ordered these ice cube trays because of the very small size that the cubes were. My 2 and half year old had terrible trouble with teeth coming through and she would love to crunch ice cubes for relief from the pain and these made the perfect size for her small mouth, she loved the square little shapes. I found them perfect for her needs and they were also a great size to throw into the blender when making cool drinks. Thanks for a great product. No complaints at all and they were delivered before the promised date.

I love these trays! They're sturdy, stackable, and make perfectly sized mini cubes for slushy drinks or Italian cream sodas. I plan on getting a few more, although it doesn't take long to make a large bag full of ice because the cubes freeze so fast. No more crushed ice for me!

Love these trays (I actually ended up ordering 2 sets because of an oversight but I'm okay with that). Like other reviewers have mentioned, you do have to let the tray sit for about 90-120 seconds outside the freezer before you start extracting the ice cubes. VERY minor inconvenience though...these ice cubes are absolutely adorable and the perfect size for those of us who love chewing ice.

I adore cold brewed coffee. My biggest problem of late has been the ice cube size. Standard ice cube sizes are massive and hog up excess space in the cup. So I was hoping to find a tray that would make miniature ice cubes. So for Christmas, my mom bought these.

I had some minor trouble filling them with water. Water tends to fill it up all the way; draining it off is nearly impossible (as water's surface tension causes it to cling to the sides of the tiny cubes). Fortunately, filling the cubes all the way to the walls didn't make it hard to remove the cubes, as my experience has shown it does with a standard sized tray.

The water froze quickly, but I did find that the trays, when stacked one upon the other, tended to stick to each other slightly. I was afraid when I twisted the trays, that the ice would shred into tiny, unrecognizable pieces nothing like the perfect squares they came from. Other than the ones in the middle (which I expected), this was not the case. Also, it wasn't as challenging as I was afraid it would be to remove all the ice. Some ice remained in the center cubes, but overall, a few twists was all it took to remove all the ice cubes.

As I have only used the product a few times, I can't say how the plastic will fare; I would gather it would be almost like any standard sized ice cube tray, since the plastic seems to be made of the same stuff.

Overall, I really liked the product and it seems to be serving my purpose well. I'll have to keep an eye out in the future to see if I have any problems with the plastic or with removing the ice.



Brought to you by:

*C.S. Light* - Mini Ice Trays - Gadgets - Kitchen - Ice Cube Trays'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cheap Seats - kitchen, gadgets kitchen Cheap Seats - kitchen, gadgets