Sunday 24 July 2011

Headphones - kids headphones, child headphone


I bought these 3 months ago for my 3 and 5 year old kids to plug into their dvd player, leapster pen and other games. They are great - comfortable, sturdy, good quality and I like the fact that they have a built in volume control for kid's ears. They have been fantastic for airplane and car travel and they have lots of room to grow for both of them. They also come in a plastic box which was very handy for travel. They love using them and they like the fact that they can differentiate their earphones with personal designs on the ear-phones. A great buy and I can highly recommend them!

UPDATE AFTER 1 YEAR : I have now bought 4 pairs of these headphones and only 1 is still working! I am disappointed and have changed my rating from 5 stars to 1 star. I have just bought another brand as we are traveling again and I need something thats going to work! Griffin GB10027 MyPhones Headphone

I purchased this headset and the Kidz Gear wired headset for my children. I also reviewed that set and have a slight preference for it. However, I do feel this is an excellent headset and that is well be enjoyed by my kids for several years.



We have had this headset for a week now and it has seen a good bit of use by my 5 yr old and my 1.5 yr old. This headset fits the toddler better than the Kidz Gear set, and it also fits my 5 yr old nicely. It does not fit me, an small-average-headed woman. I can listen it comfortably if I rotate the headband around to the back of my head, though, as could my large-headed husband.



The interchangeable pictures are a cute idea, but the clear covers that hold the pictures on want to come off easily, especially when dropped on tile. They are a solid, clear plastic and I fear them being stepped on and broken before they are seen. A little bit of rubber cement should make this problem go away, and still allow them to be removed easily. A redesign on Griffin's part would be nice, though. I shouldn't have to mod things to get them to work right. But, it's easy, free and doesn't make it look bad, so it's a minor quibble.



I really like the headband design and the way the size adjusts. Folding would be a nice feature, but none of the contenders folded, either, so that wasn't a choice for me.



The headphones come in a clear plastic "carry case" as their packaging. I think they should do away with this. Honestly, it's just more trash. It's a hard, clear plastic, very thick, but thusly also will prove brittle. The first time you or your kids drop it on the way to the car, it will surely crack enough to render it useless. And, that's if you actually got the kids to use it, which I imagine is unlikely. Less packaging would surely be nicer for the environment and for shipping costs. If they want to include a case, a fabric bag or soft, zipper case would be MUCH more serviceable.



Despite the cons, I would recommend this headset for the younger set.

I was very impressed with the overall quality of the headphones. The thick cable and strong connection reminded me of Monster (video/audio cable company.) The interchangeable art inserts are pretty nifty. My only concern is that they are barely too small. They do actually work for my son, but they have absolutely no room left for adjustment for a more comfortable fit. He is three years old and I was expecting the 'phones to last for quite a while, but unfortunately, I can see myself buying a larger set in the very near future. Investing $30.00+ for a child's set of 'phones seems pretty extreme and I was hoping for them to last longer. I've noticed that Sony and Disney are offering 'phones that are much cheaper in price, but they seem to be more cheaply made and their packaging does not clearly state if they have a built in sound limiter. Great product, just needs to have a little more range in size.

My 5 year old son had a large head and these barely fit. So much so, that I am considering returning them. For all the bells and whistles these come with, you'd think the manufacturer would make them more adjustable, especially when the packaging states up to age 12. The small size is disappointing.

Was so excited to get these for my son, he like to watch movies on his mp3 player when we travel. They don't fit very well I tried them on my 3 year old and they were too small so the ear cups would not sit on his ears properly. Also, even with the volume on the mp3 player turned all the way up there was hardly any sound. I hope I can send them back for a refund!!!!!!!

I bought these for a four year old. They are robust, the carrying case is great and the exchangeable ear cup color pads were well received.

The headphones appear robust enough to survive in the hand of toddlers and younger children.



Pros:

+ even at max volume on the MP3 player they are not too loud for kids ears

+ custom ear cup inserts are fun to decorate and help 'personalize' the headphones for kids

+ robust design



Cons:

- As other reviewers state the head band is somewhat smallish, I doubt it will fit older kids

- The carrying case is a bit hard to open for little fingers



A suggestion for the manufacturer would be to modify the carrying case with room for an iPod or other MP3 players. Most 'grown up' headphone cases have that these days. - Child Headphone - Kid Headphones - Kids Headphones - Childrens Earphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information