Sunday 3 July 2011

Printer Cartridge - cartridge, printer cartridge


I use this ink in my HP Photosmart P1100 color printer. Great results - - especially when used with HP paper. But for the best value, consider buying the high-capacity cartridge. The model# (SKU) for that is C6578AN. The cartridge is the same physical size, but it contains more ink. But whatever you buy, be sure to store it UPRIGHT. That helps prevent bubbles or air pockets that can form inside which can cause imperfections on the printed page. HP 78 - Print cartridge - 1 x yellow, cyan, magenta - 450 pages

After researching several printers for photo quality, I purchased the P1100. Not only are the photos beautiful the ink jet cartridges last much longer than their competitors. I also own a Lexmark, NEC and Cannon. The ink seems to always run out faster and the price is comparable.This price is fantastic for this cartridge...

I've owned a HP printer which required the use of the 1823D cartridge, and this cartridge seems to be a vast improvement over that one. I'd estimate that it seems to print about 30-40% longer than that earlier-designed HP cartridge. Of course that could be put down to the printer itself, but the point is that I get more life out of this cartridge than my last ones.This is moderately good news for anyone, like me, concerned about the monopolistic nature of ink jet cartridges in general. While I generally think that the Justice Department would be better-served to spend time investigating the monopoly of ink-jet supplies than Microsoft, at least it appears that HP is trying to improve their products.Out of completeness, it should be pointed out that the Amazon description, above, fails to mention that this is the cartridge for the 1220 series as well as the 900 one.

Owning a 970 CSe, this ink cartridge does wonders. High quality imagery, through vibrant colors, this ink cartridge is just fantastic. Not only that, but it tends to dependanable, I only give it 4 stars, due to price. But, if you want something that's good, you have to pay for it, and this is surely no exception.

Outstanding color, very easy to load in just a few seconds. It does tempt you to print all the photos you have been storing on disc. No problems with lines or blotches when printing. Great product only suggestion for improvement would be more ink.

I use the HP 78 cartridge in my Deskjet 6122. Installing the cartridge should be easy, however most of these cartridges show several clogged jets on the alignment print (Windows XP). I usually have to go into H6122 Printer Assistant utilities and run several cleanings before I get a good test print. One cartridge was hopeless, even after trying a damp Q-tip, and I returned it to the store. Since the printhead is in the cartridge, I cannot blame the printer for this.



Once success is achieved, it works well. With moderate use it will not need another cleaning for the rest of the cartridge's service life. It prints nice documents and photos. Photos are a notch below the new Photosmart printers, but still very good. With the HP 78 there are very true blues, reds, whites, and fleshtones. Greens and yellows look a bit dull. Grayscale (which is actually composed of color dots when seen under a magnifier) has a very clean, neutral gray. The color ink is water soluble. It is possible to make water resistant photos using HP Advanced paper. HP doesn't stipulate to Advanced paper's compatibility with ink other than its Vivera inks, but the #78 works with it just fine.



How does the HP 78 compare to other inks and cartridges for compatible printers?



I have never tried refilling cartridges. I have tried the Office Depot brand #78 cartridge. It had good functionality, and it cleared its jets on installation more easily than the HP cartridges. Color was not quite as good as the HP, and grayscale looked slightly sepia.



The HP 78 Plus with Vivera inks was very disappointing in my printer. It would need a cleaning with every new print job, and whites looked reddish in photos. The HP Vivera inks can be great for the printers designed for them, but retrofitting to printers designed for the non-Vivera HP 78 does not work well. Replacing an HP 78 Plus with a regular HP 78 was a great relief.

I have purchased this HP 78 color cartridge to have it on hand, so I would have a replacement. I have just gone to my desk to use it and the box was spotted with ink. It is leaking. I needed to know about receiving a refund on my account.

I purchased the tri-color ink cartridge. It would not print vivid colors such as red and yellow. I contacted HP and they insisted that the problem was the (HP)printer that they consider obsolete. I swapped out the old low level HP tri-color cartridge and it printed perfectly. Replacing the old cartrige with the new one produced the same results with the colors not printing. They recommended purchasing one of several other HP printers that use the FHP 78 tri-color ink. Then if the new cartridge still printed muted colors, it could be the ink cartrige itself. HP would not recognize that the cartridge could be defective in my printer. HP did not try and replace the ink or admit that the ink could be the problem. Very poor support for an expensive product (the ink costs $60.) It seems I would have been better off purchasing it at a big box store at a higher price with the hope of better service. - Cartridge - Printer Cartridge - Hewlett-packard - Printer Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information