Sunday 3 July 2011

Epson Workforce 610 - high capacity, cartridge


I'm definitely finding this ink is lasting WAY longer than the normal ink that isn't high-capacity. I've been using it for a month now and it's barely down at all, while with the normal ink cartridge I'm usually halfway down. I think it's a good use of money and I'm going to keep buying the high-capacity over the regular ink. Epson Extra High Capacity Black Ink for the Epson WorkForce 40 and WorkForce 600 Printers

If you are looking for Epson Ink, without the Epson price or store price, this is for you. Also the extra capacity is much better than the standard capacity tanks that ship with the printer. I buy all my inks from here now. Don't even have to leave the house, and they are not expired, or old like some sellers.

The high capacity black ink cartridge is a must for any inkjet printer. This Epson cartridge yields near-laser quality results for black-and-white text printing -- and at a competitive price from Amazon.

I use the all-in-one for scanning and for printing documents. I do not print pictures. I thought I would only have to replace the black ink because I set the printer to do black only.



That's when I found out the printer ignores this choice. I contacted those in charge and was informed that all the colors are used to keep the heads "primed" and ready for use.



While the printer is wonderful, the rate it uses the colored ink (when you've chosen to use black only) astounds me. So far, I've used two high capacity blacks and without printing in color once; the blue and yellow are nearly gone and the pink is half gone. I was also informed you DO have to replace the colors. You can't just leave them there as empties or you can't print at all.



When I bought the printer, I didn't expect to pay for ink I never used. I wish they made a printer that does black only. I checked. They don't.

WORKS FINE. PRINTS FINE. DOESN'T LAST LONG!

I am an average print user, mostly to print personal bills and such. I am NOT running a business. But have gone through way too many cartridges, all supposedly high capacity and "extra" high capacity. Very disappointed.

It's ink. It's black. It's Epson brand. It does what it's supposed to and does it right.



However, Amazon's ink-picker gadget is incorrect. This cartridge does work with the NX510 & NX515 models. I have the box sitting in front of me and those are the first two models listed.

The ink is fine, the printer is fine, I only wish the ink lasted longer or was less expensive. This printer sucks ink so fast I can hardly keep it filled. You should really research how much ink a printer uses before purchasing the printer.

What can be said about an ink cartridge? Yes, it is black. The Epson instruction sheet that came with the printer does not have information on cartridge replacement. However, one can go to the Epson web site and obtain/print the instructions. Seems like nothing you buy anymore has the good stuff like back in the good old days. No more manuals, no more cds/dvds, not even for the operating system. Now all you get is preloaded crapware. But, I digress. The ink cartridge is easy to replace. Whether it has extra high capacity black ink as advertised is anyone's guess. - High Capacity - Epson - Printer Ink - Cartridge'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information