Monday 27 June 2011

Usb Extension Cable


Always nice to have a quick way to put 2 USB cables together. Worth the cost and much easier than routing (tieing) or storing a longer USB cable. An extra couple of feet comes in handy when trying to run something off in a hurry. Also affords a break/separation/access point for multiple users or when spanning across aisle or workspace. StarTech USB A to USB B Cable Adapter - Female to Female (GCUSBAFBF)

I bought this adapter because I purchased the wrong cable. I meant to buy an A to A cable but I bought an A to B cable (A and B refer to the type of USB connection at the end - A is rectangular and B is square). Since the cable was a more-expensive repeater cable and the packaging was already off to the landfill, I figured it was cheaper to buy this than to buy the right cable.



I made the right choice. This adapter fits securely at both ends and the device worked fine.



This would be a handy adapter to have around if you're like me and have a lot of A to B cables (the kind that connect to scanners and printers) just sitting around. I don't know where I got them all but this adapter would be a quick and inexpensive way to make an A to A extension cable out of one of them.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Usb Extension Cable Usb Extension Cable Usb Extension Cable