Monday 27 June 2011

Unlocked Cell Phones - unlocked phones, mytouch 4g


OK, so the battery life on this phone is weak if u let it run full blast, with all options etc... enabled, here is what you do: Download SetCPU from the market, now, set the scaling to CONSERVATIVE. Now your phone will not jump wildly from 245-1024 MHz at the slightest processor activity. Experiment with the profiles, you can lower the CPU while the screen is off for instance, i have mine set to 368 MHz whenever the screen is off, and set the priority high. This phone is AWESOME if you have it unlocked/rooted, its functionality and capability are opened wide up for you, just look up the forums on xdadevelopers.c0M THis phone has all the great features mentioned above yada yada, blazing fast in my opinion even having owned an iPhone, this phone opens and page FULLY first before the iPhone does, the iphone loads the 'window" faster, but the My Touch finishes loading FIRST< ALWAYS ON EVERYTHING. MY phone has been off the charger now for 17 and a half hours i browsed the net for 20 min, made some phone calls, took some videos and pictures, download some apps, played need for speed shift 20 min. My phone is at 59% after light to moderate use, almost 18 hrs later its not even half battery yet. Now on a HEAVY USE day, i can go all day before having to put it on the charger in the late evening. Hope this review helps someone with their battery. Tmobile Mytouch 4g Unlock Cell Phone By Htc. 5mp Camera + Front Camera for Video Chat. 1GHz Snapdragon Processor

I received the package on the expected shipment date but the shipment seem to miss the 8GB SD card that was included in he package. Without this the camera was pretty useless. This seems an order fulfillment issue, I hope they rectify the issue.

First off, I've been using iPhone 3G for about 3 years and still love it despite the short battery life and surprisingsly still works just fine after everyday usage. Since I've heard so much good things about Google operating system I wanted to buy another phone and try it out. I first bought Motorola XT720 with Android 2.1 but realized that the SD memory with over 7gb couldn't be used when downloading apps from Google market!? So I ran out of memory after using up only few thousand megabytes of the phone memory. There were other flaws such as not being able to create Yahoo email accounts for quick viewing of all the email accounts with out loging in and loging out with each email. Whereas iPhone you can have Gmails and Yahoo mails accounts and I have over 15 email accounts in which you can see it all at once. I returned the Motorola and got my Mytouch 4g just two days ago and so far I'm loving it! I say so far because who knows what will pop up after playing with it for awhile like I did with the Motorola. Anyway, I checked the user reviews for this phone prior to purchasing and that the consensus was that it is a good phone but has couple of complaints such as speaker volume. Sure enough, after trying it out, the speaker is really poor compared to the Motorola I had. The Motorola had dual speakers and this Mytouch only has one so when you're in a semi-loud environment you really can't hear too well even the volume is up all the way. Another complaint was the face to face video calling but I haven't used it yet and I'm not that much concern about it since not too many people have that capability on their phones so I don't need that feature at this time. Otherwise, everthing else seems to work just fine. I love the camera with flash and the video recording comes with flash light so you can record in the dark! I will continue to update if I see anything else I need to mention as I get used to using this phone more.



Edit: December 13th, 2010



I've been using this phone now for little less than a month and I'm changing my opinion from loving it to just liking it. The things I really like about this phone so far are that what I mentioned before, camera and apps from Google. Also, this phone does allow you to create more than one email accounts from both Yahoo and Gmails. So I'm able to see it all at once since I have over 15 email accounts. It is, however, not as good as my iPhone 3G. It seems to be much slower in retrieveing all the emails compared to my iphone and it's not clear cut looking either. Ok here's the one MAJOR reason that I had to drop the star rating from 4 to 3 stars on this phone, and that is the battery life is ridiculously WEAK! I thought my iPhone 3g was weak but it still isn't that bad compared to Mytouch 4G! It is a pet-peeve of mine with a weak battery life on any phones, the CNET review says 4 to 5 hours of talking time but I really didn't even come close to using it that much. I tried using the battery saver apps such as killer apps and juice saver apps but none helped at all! I barely use it for no more than an hour of talking then did some internet surfing for couple of hours and my battery had drained more than 40%??? This is after fully charged! So now I have to charge this phone about twice a day if not more! I don't know if it's the battery that might be defected or not but it's a brand new phone and battery and I'm not about to go and spend another $40 for a new battery to see if it's defected or not. Another flaw detection is that when I am sending some old photos from my laptop to my emails so that I could downloaded to this phone's gallery but it wouldn't do it???!!! I never thought this would be an issue? This phone doesn't have a selection of which to download into the gallery format! So the photos are just stuck there in the format under the email I sent and if I need to view it, I have to open that email and view it from there. This is a major problem for me. I will keep this phone and will be purchasing iPhone 5G when it comes out next year.



Edit: 12/18/10



Previously I complained that there was no selection in downloading the pictures from the email to the gallery on the phone and that is still true. However, about couple of days later I found that the photos were there in the gallery??!! It took about few days before it actually got into the gallery? There obviously is some sort of delay effect. I'm happy that it did get to be downloaded into the gallery but it's annoying still to think that it took so long for it to do it. Strange. This is definitely a bug with this phone. - Mytouch 4g - Unlocked Phones - Unlocked Cell Phones - Wireless Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Unlocked Cell Phones - unlocked phones, mytouch 4g wireless accessories Unlocked Cell Phones - unlocked phones, mytouch 4g