Monday 27 June 2011

Boxwave Corporation - touch screen stylus, ipad pen


My iPad was given to me as a gift. I hadn't asked for it and I didn't expect it -- so when I got it I was more than slightly baffled as to what I would do with it.



I'm an artist by trade. I already have a few Wacom tablets. So when it was suggested i give drawing on the iPad a try -- I scoffed. The iPad doesn't have sensitivity like the Wacom tablets do, so I couldn't conceive that it would be good for anything beyond hangman or tic-tac-toe. Of course I was wrong. Crazy wrong.



The lack of sensitivity is an issue, but another stylus manufacturer has developed an algorithm that mimics sensitivity -- hopefully Apple will embrace this tech and implement it later on.



In the meantime, i learned to love drawing on my iPad; i loved being able to do quick little doodles and email them off to friends or clients... and while it takes some getting used to, you are capable of some remarkable detail.



Which is where using a stylus comes in.



Since I was initially clueless as to what to do with my iPad -- it also hadn't occurred to me to use a stylus for drawing. Here I was honing my finger-painting skills and then I watched as my friend casually whipped out her iPad and Pogo stylus and started doodling away. My jaw nearly dropped; what a revelation!



I ordered the exact same stylus she was using, the Pogo Sketch. When it arrived and I started drawing with it I was less than pleased; the tip is sort of this prickled velcro-y like fabric that is stuffed with foam rubber. It's pliant, and I didn't feel very in control with it -- by that I mean I couldn't be completely precise in where it would make contact with the screen. I felt it was just too mushy.



Then I ordered Boxwave's stylus. This was a vast improvement. The tip feels like a hollow rubber ball. It's definitely much more precise, and in my opinion -- superior for drawing. It's also a quality item, it's nicely made, the finish is nice, and it has a lanyard attached that plugs into the iPad's headphone jack.



Drawing on iPad is not like drawing on paper. There's a learning curve to it -- and different people will use different tools in their own way. In other words, a perfect stylus probably does not exist yet....but for me -- this one is pretty close. BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (Lunar Blue)

I bought this stylus to use with an iPad for drawing and painting and writing apps. It works awesome. Basically works flawlessly as the missing stylus for an iPad. It is well made and looks nice. It is a bit over priced considering it is an anodized aluminum tube with some capacitance foam on the end. But it does use a very dense foam, which makes it more accurate than other iPad styii. If you don't mind the price, I would highly recommend this product for your iPad...

This capasitive stylus maybe one of the best I have used so far. I have used the pogo branded stylues and enjoyed them quite a bit. I find that the box wave stylus feels more accurate than the pogo. I am an Artist so accuracy is very important to me. I recommend this product but I do believe it's a bit expensive.

Just wanted to write a quick note to say that although this stylus is very likely the best buy in terms of its style, feel, durability, performance... if you're using it with the iPad you will probably be bothered by its dwarfish stature. The stylus is not as long as an ordinary pen or pencil. It's about half-sized, which makes it nicely portable, but it means your hand will sometimes have the tendency to rest on the surface of the iPad while you use the stylus. Since that creates a two-point touch or worse, you may destroy your writing or drawing in an instant. I did. Hard to find iPad applications with a useful implementation of "undo" if you hear what I'm saying. This stylus will require you (and me) to learn how to use it at a unique angle. I wish it were more like using an ordinary pen. Perhaps if I wear a glove on my writing hand, the iPad will ignore any accidental touch. But then I'd be wearing a single glove. I think that style went 'out' some time ago.

I bought a Pogo Sketch to use with my iPad and at first I was elated. However, I used the pen quite a bit with the Penultimate app. In a few weeks the tip had flattened to the point that metal was starting to scrape the screen. I then ordred this Boxwave stylus and realized that I had been eating hamburger before when I could have had steak. The Capacitive Stylus tip is much harder and will last many months (years) longer than the Pogo. The harder tip also produces less friction so it is much smoother. I have a Zagg protective screen on my iPad is it works great with it. It is kinda expensive, but in the end you'll be glad that you spent the extra money. One thing that I hope they will change is the length of the attachment cable. It is made for an iPhone (and not an iPad). One end snaps into the headphone jack as an anchor. It it were longer, it would be of great use. - Iphone Stylus - Touch Screen Stylus - Ipad - Ipad Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Boxwave Corporation - touch screen stylus, ipad pen touch screen stylus Boxwave Corporation - touch screen stylus, ipad pen