Friday 17 June 2011

Toothbrush Sanitizer - oral hygiene, uv sanitizer


My daughter did her science fair project on whether these UV cleaners work or not. After a month of using toothbrushes regularily and keeping some of them just sitting out and putting some of them in this sanitizer, she grew the bacteria off of each toothbrush.

Hate to say it, but bacteria from one of the UV toothbrushes started growing first! Overall, bacteria was on each toothbrush - the UV sanitized ones; the ones sitting in the cup on the bathroom counter; the brand new ones that went straight from the package to the petri dish... all of them.

So, I hate to knock the product here... but we didn't think it made any difference. iTouchless UV Toothbrush Holder/Sanitizer

I was very excited when I found this product. However, when I started using it, my mood changed quickly. I am not doubting that the UV light is killing germs. But the toothbrushes never dry. They are wet in the morning from the night before, and they are wet at night from the morning. Nothing can be wet 24/7 and remain germ-free. I tried returning this item for my money back, and was told no due to sanitary reasons. itouchless has terrible customer service. I would seriously not recommend this product if you seriously want to kill the germs on your brushes.

This is really a neat idea! We have a UV light on our well system so I know that it kills bacteria very effectively. This seems like a pretty good idea. However, UV lights kill via exposure so any part of the toothbrush that isn't bathed in light, will not be sanitized. I turn my toothbrush several times & run additional cycles.

The four slots are perfect for our 4 person family. It is very easy to use! But I won't give it 5 stars as I suspect it isn't a thorough cleaner - you might be better off using mouthwash or something that will kill the bacteria better but this is very convenient, not messy & even the kids can use it!

I have no problem with figuring things out but why the bulb stopped working after less than 2 weeks is irritating. If I had time I'd send it back. The goal was to sanitize my childs toothbrushes, he throws them everywhere. Goal not met with this device.

I went for this model because it's cordless, we don't have an outlet near the medicine cabinet where we keep the brushes so it made sense. I agree with the previous review, there is always a pile of moisture inside the removeable tray, how can there not be bacteria present? The batteries died very fast even though my husband and I are the only users. I thought this was strange so I went and got rechargeable batteries, have to recharge them once a week. Then, after only 2 months, the UV bulb blew out. Now I don't know where to find a replacement bulb. I quit! Should have paid a little more for a better model.

I am very unhappy with the quality of this product. The bottom started rusting where the battery compartment is. Even with constant cleaning the product would develop a bad smell. I thought my family could benifit from this product, but we did not. - Uv Sanitizer - Sanitizer - Oral Hygiene - Germs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Toothbrush Sanitizer - oral hygiene, uv sanitizer sanitizer Toothbrush Sanitizer - oral hygiene, uv sanitizer