Friday 17 June 2011

Okuma Surf Fishing - surf fishing, rod


I go fishing with my dad every so often and felt like it was time for me to get a new rod. My dad uses an ultralight and was telling me how much fun it was to catch fish comparatively to the heavier duty stiff rod that I have been using. I decided I would get an ultralight rod and ultimately purchased this one.



It shipped quickly and securely. So no problems there.



I have had the chance to use the rod a few times over the past few weeks and I must say that it is phenomenal! This rod has greatly increased the fishing experience for me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a lighter rod. I honestly could not ask for a better rod. Okuma CELILO Graphite Spinning Rod (Brown Graphite, trout, 2- 6 Lbs, 6-Feet,UL)

OCT 2011 - OPENING DAY for 2011/2012 trout season at Pyramid Lake Nevada: Hundreds of fisherman hit the lake for the opening day, many fish were caught from boats, few fish from shore, but 'this guy' rocked it!I went out with an 8'6" medium Okuma Celio, outfitted with a Shimano Sahara 2500 FD reel. The combination was powerful. Guys on either side of me each caught zero to one fish all day. I caught over fifteen! Lucky? I don't think so. The difference was the spinning rod & reel. Here's what I noticed:1) Casting - I was flipping the same weight lures, and sending them at least 50% further than the other guys I was fishing with. The advantage for me was getting my lures into the deep water of the lake. The other guys were all coming up several yards short of the drop off where the big fish lurk this early in the season. When my lure would move from the deep water to the upper ledge, I constantly had big followers chasing my lure in.2) Touch and feel - The light touch of the Ouma Celilo tip gives you quick evidence when you get a light hit from a big trout. If I felt a bump, I'd set the hook and the fight was on! No guessing about a hit - I had so much feel through the pole to the lure - I was always confident that I was taking advantage of every hit.3) Fish on! Great pole for a tough fight. I had several fish on that were in the range of 4-6 lbs. The pole felt great and made the fight feel awesome. I was able to take my time and bring the fish in without rushing. Yesterday I saw first hand how much difference owning a great pole & reel can make in trout fishing. Twice in the afternoon - I went on streaks. Three casts in a row - three fish caught in a row, then a little later four casts - four catches.

I just recently purchased a second rod in a different size because I loved the first one so much. You can feel all the action from any lure you put on your line. Seems very well made and it is my favorite rod - Rod - Surf Fishing - Travel Rod - Spinning Rods'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Okuma Surf Fishing - surf fishing, rod rod Okuma Surf Fishing - surf fishing, rod