Friday 17 June 2011

Gps System Accessories - gps mount, cup holder mount


At first I was skeptical about buying this item. After receiving it and trying it I felt better about my purchase. My personal opinion is that it's the best GPS cup holder on the market. Doesn't interfere with your vision , since you don't mount it on the window. The unit fits tight in the cup holder after adjusting it. The suction of the GPS holder is firm. It definitely looks neat in your cup holder. I'm glad I purchased this item for the price. Small investment pays off big. You can't go wrong !! Bracktron Mount, Universal Cup Holder Mount

Love this GPS cup mount holder...I have been through 3 different GPS holders and this by far is the easiest and most convenient and a real great design. You can adjust the size to fit in your cup holder ion your car...

I purchased a 2011 Chevy Malibu with Bluetooth capability, and matching my iPhone to the sound system was easy. What I wanted was real hands free calling. I could use voice commands for certain caller functions. I could answer and end the call using buttons on the steering wheel. What I couldn't do is look up numbers and dial without holding the phone. I searched Amazon for phone mount options and selected the Bracketron Swivel Mount and the related Universal Cup Holder Mount. I tried using the Swivel Mount suction cup on the windshield, but the reach of the bendable "arm" was too short. With two cup holders in the console, I placed the Cup Holder Mount in one,and simply turned the Holder to increase it's diameter to assure it stayed in place. I then suction mounted the Swivel phone holder to the Cup Holder Mount. It's not perfect, but it's as close to perfect as I have figured out for the Malibu application. It's been road tested and approved.

My gps is 7", too big to put anywhere on my windshield. This was the PERFECT solution for my problem. It fits perfectly in my cupholder. I should have bought this item sooner. Fits securely and is very easy to remove

Once my phone mount fell off my windshield, I knew I had to find a better way. I spent over $100 trying to get this right... then I purchased this product from Bracketron. It's sturdy and well-made, fits snug into my cupholder and I didn't even need to adjust it (but you can for added sturdiness) inside the cupholder. It doesn't rattle and acts like a permanent fixture in your car.



The only downside to this product is that it didn't come with industrial double-sided adhesive, like you get when you purchase a GPS or cellphone mount. I was hoping that once you peel away the plastic from the top, it would have the adhesive all along the top and ready to go. The one I used for my windshield mount could not be recycled so I was stuck with another problem.



My fix? I purchased industrial-grade adhesive magnets and stuck it to the top of this cupholder platform... and magnets on the bottom of the cellphone mount. Seems to work for now, but will update you if anything goes wrong.



What would make this product perfect is if you can raise the platform a few inches (somehow). The cupholder platform does get in the way of some of my car consol controls. Just my 2 cents.

My new Garmin nüvi 1350 Series 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator came with a suction cup mount that's intended for a windshield, but I didn't want to mount it there. The heavy beanbag type dashboard mount gadgets didn't appeal to me either, in light of the configuration of my car - an old Subaru Outback.



My car has a pop-out cupholder* mounted high up on the front of the dashboard, a bit right of center - handy for the person in the front passenger seat or the driver. When I saw this cupholder mounting platform I realized that using this in the pop-out cupholder was an ideal solution for my new GPS in this car. It requires no gluing, drilling or other permanent changes to the vehicle, and can be removed literally in a few seconds for convenience and security.



This gadget easily adjusts, by expanding and contracting in diameter by use of the external adjusting ring, to be secure in the cupholder and then to be removed. The mounting bracket that came with my Garmin connects securely by its suction cup to the top mounting platform, and when in place my GPS sits at a level high enough to easily see while driving, without obstructing the view through the windshield. It's the same height as it would be if mounted on the top of the dashboard or low on the windshield, but closer to the driver.



I don't think I'd like to mount my GPS where I'd have to look away from the road and down at it, so I doubt that I'd use this mounting system in a car with cupholders only down near seat level. (For those configurations I think you'd need one of those holders with a gooseneck extender to raise the GPS unit several inches.)



My only quibble isn't a problem with this device, but with the configuration of the Subaru's upper cupholder. This device isn't long enough to seat itself at the bottom of the cupholder so there can be a little sway with the movement of the car. But it's not a big deal, and I could probably find something to fill the small space between the bottom of this gadget and the base of the cupholder to prevent the swaying.



*This is in addition to the single cupholder located at seat level in in the console between the driver and passenger seat. Which is the one I use for its intended purpose. - Cup Holder Mount - Electronic Device Holder - Gps Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information