Friday 17 June 2011

Laser Star Pointer - green laser, laser pointer


Outstanding device. It simply fires a 30mw green laser through a kaleidoscope-like prism pattern, and then you rotate the tip and it resembles little explosions of light, (on a ceiling or wall or projector screen, etc.). They emanate from a kind of main pattern. Very cool. I certainly recommend this device but I also recommend that you install brand new lithium batteries instead of the batteries that are supplied with the light. I own 3 different power-level green lasers, (a 20mw, 30mw, and 50mw), and have received far better results with the lithium batteries right from the start.

The light is well made, (certainly for the money), as is the case it comes in. They also supply a microfiber cloth and instructions, (I am truly amazed at what I got for the price I paid, very reasonable). DO NOT POINT THIS AT YOUR PET'S EYES, let alone anyone else's. It can and will do damage. I have 2 cats that love to play with the 'scampering red light', (my safer red laser). So if that's what you want to do, please use a red laser. They're `a dime a dozen' and you can find them anywhere. Walmarts, Office Depot's, etc. Even the reflected intensity of the green lasers are too strong to look at for any duration and your pet, (particularly cats), will focus their full attention on that green point of light on the carpet or floor regardless of how bright or uncomfortable it is . This will permanently damage their vision. Please be responsible with it. This is NOT A CHILDS TOY. Green 30mw Laser Pointer Pen Style Star Holographic Projector and Laser Point..

This is in response to everyone who complained of their laser dimming after only a few minutes.



I just bought the laser and experienced the same problem. I remembered hearing someone talk about how lasers need to be warmed up, though, so I did a bit of experimenting. What I found out is that the laser loses heat quick--if you feel the actual device after it's been sitting in a cool room, it will be cool to the touch. I learned that if you warm the device in your hands for 20-30 seconds before you turn it on, it will work full power every time. If you're outside and you're using it, you may need to re-warm it from time to time if it's a particularly cold night. I rated the ease of use at a 3 because there weren't instructions that made it clear that this was the case.



Other than that, a HELL of a product! I compared it to a normal red laser pointer that is rated at <1mw, and it's definitely 20-30x brighter. I don't really care what the output value is, because it's PLENTY bright enough for me. You can see the beam in a dimly-lit room, and in a dark room, it will light up the entire place. On a dark night, you can shine it as far as the eye can see, and you can see the beam going that far. I went on top of a parking structure on campus and was able to shine it on buildings that were EASILY a half-mile away, and I could see the beam with ease. If you shine it up at the sky, it's like holding the world's coolest lightsaber (except it doesn't cut things). I wasn't too interested in the kaleidoscope tip feature, but it's actually REALLY awesome. It covers a whole room in dots, and the twistable end isn't as cumbersome as I thought it would be--VERY cool and definitely a plus.



I rated the product a 4 because they advertised a metal carrying case, and the case it came in was cheaply-made--I don't know the material, but it was something paper or card-board based. The laser itself, though, is phenomenal! Hope this helps with everyone that's experiencing dimming problems.

I was a little nervous buying this laser because of some of the negative reviews, but the low cost convinced me. I'll summarize below.



1) Craftsmanship is good. The barrel is rubberized for a good grip. The fittings are solid and well made.

2) The laser is kind of large and heavy. I prefer it that way, but don't expect a dainty, pen-sized pointer.

3) The beam is very bright. It may be too bright to use as a pointer. There is probably a reason why >5 mw lasers aren't sold as pointers. It is much brighter than my old 5 mw laser.

4) The prism attachment is more fun than I would have guessed. I didn't care about the prism, since I bought the laser as a high-power pointer. I had fun anyway.

5) You can see the beam, even indoors with the lights on.



It's a fun toy, but if you want to use it for presentations and such, I'd suggest a 5 mw laser instead. If you want to point out objects outdoors or on a Factory floor, it will work very well.

When writing this review, I am also placing an order for three more of this laser pointer. They are for adult friends and family (I'm 46 years old), who went wild when I showed them the product.



I was in doubt because of the mixed and somewhat strange reviews for this item. Some customers that complain about the quality of the product may have been unlucky with their models, I cannot say. But based on the positive reviews, I finally decided to go for it and try this laser pointer. After all, on the very rare occasion that you get an item that is not working as it should or otherwise flawed, I've always found Amazons returns, replacement, or refund policies to be of great help. (Talking from the years of consistently getting top level service; buying every month and never being let down).



I am very happy with the decision of placing the order:



I stand in awe of this product. The green ray can be easily seen in the dark, and you really can point out stars in the night sky. The button seems fine and solid, and my entire impression is of a good and solid piece of hardware.



If you point the ray at 'low-hanging' clouds (1-2 miles up), you can actually see the laser dot hitting the cloud. Along with the visible power of the ray, this seems a rather good indication that the product meets its specifications. (Checking detailed information about the local weather on the internet can be of help here. Also, airplanes can give you an indication of the altitude of the cloud you are pointing at. Just remember not to point at the cloud while an airplane is near).



The straight ray is quite perfect. The 'light dispenser' lens for this product is an extra gadget which comes along at no extra cost, and it comes on and off quite easily. If you don't put it on, you have a perfect straight laser. If you DO put it on, you can have extra fun making small light shows. Try pointing it into a tree, it will look like something out of a Harry Potter movie.



Needless to say, kids are deeply fascinated, too - with the toy value as well as the scientific nature of this device. (Remember that the device is not a toy. If you show the device to kids, they must be told that the laser can blind people and may not be pointed at persons or airplanes. They are not to try it unless they are clearly responsible and under adult supervision.)



As for battery lifetime, I've had this pointer for more than two weeks. I have used it for several minutes each day, and it still runs fine on the two AA batteries that were included. That's surprisingly good; the small arsenal of AA batteries that I charged since I didnt expect a very long battery lifetime will have to be recharged before I will need them. Again, others may have been less lucky with their models.



As already said, I've ordered three more for friends and family. If they present any problems I will change this review accordingly in a month or so. - Laser Star Pointer - Green Laser - Laser Pointer - Laser'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information