Monday 20 June 2011

Rocky Mountains - flyfishing, guides


I purchased this book about six months ago. I've traveled to Montana in the past to fish, and was planning another trip this summer. While we planned to fish some old, familiar rivers such as the Yellowstone, the Madison and the Gallatin, we also wanted to try some new waters that we hadn't fished before. My wife and I spent time reading the information on the various rivers discussed in the book, and decided to also spend time in the Missoula area. We used the book not only as a tool to decide where we wanted to fish, but we also used the maps to get us where we needed to go. The end result was a successful fishing trip to Rock Creek and the Bitterroot,which was certainly aided by this exceptional book. By the way, the authors are incredible photographers; their photos in the book are great. I recommend that anyone contemplating a fly fishing trip to Montana purchase this book prior to their trip. Fly Fishing Montana: A No Nonsense Guide to Top Waters (No Nonsense Fly Fishing Guidebooks)

Useful, concise, aesthetically pleasing. Clear simple maps. Concise explanation of where to fish, when to fish, what to fish with. Other books go into much more detail. This is a good one to start with.

This book is a great resource for the flyfisherman that is new to Montana, as well as the experienced freelancer. Great attention to detail, mapping, and stategies.

Do yourself a favor, put this one in your collection, both to take with you on your trip - as well as to read during the cold winter months!

I used this book for a trip to Montana this summer and found it to be very accurate and informative. It was obvious that the authors had actually guided and fished these rivers for a number of years. I would certainly recommend this guide to anyone planning a trip to fly fish Montana anytime soon.

I take an annual trip or two to Montana to fly-fish and have been doing so for over 15 years. I always fish a few days with a guide and then strike out to find my own water. This book is an invaluable resource if you are the person who really enjoys discovering great fly-fishing water on your own. It has great suggestions from two fly-fishers who obviously have a passion for their sport and a tremendous wealth of knowledge about Montana water. In sum, I've always been able to find fish when I'm exploring new water that's covered in the book and, of course, that's why we all engage in our great sport, isn't it? A great, succinct, resource that goes with me on every trip I take to Montana.

We have been traveling and fishing the state of Montana for many years. Our fishing experiences were hit or miss since we had to find access to the streams, types of insects native to specific areas and the seasonal "watch outs" like inner tube hatches. This guide makes the experience comfortable. It is the next best thing to hiring a guide. Additionally, it is well laid out with some magnificent pictures. I wish there were guide books as well written and illustrated for other western states.

Brian and Jenny Grossenbacher put all of their talents - fishing, writing, photography - into this book and boy does it show. The information is quick, clear and to the point, the maps are excellent and the photography... Let me just say that it is my own opinion that no one on the planet is currently producing the quality of images that Brian is putting out there, and this book includes over 100 of his best photos. If you're ever going to travel to Montana to fish, you need this book. If you're never going to travel to Montana to fish, but love outdoor/fly fishing photography, you need this book.



David Cannon

Author, Fly Fishing Georgia

We have had a cabin on the Madison River for 27 years. I built it during my mid-life crisis. It is my favorite place to go for many reasons. Last year I went up over a dozen times and enjoyed every minute. The author tries to capture his experiences with friends, family and nature as best he can in the Madison Valley at a ranch he rents. I think he left out some very important information about the Madison Valley, Ennis and the locals but only gives you his perpective of his traditions and trips. Needless to say, I was disappointed. - Fly-fishing - Guides - Fishing - Flyfishing'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rocky Mountains - flyfishing, guides flyfishing Rocky Mountains - flyfishing, guides