Monday 20 June 2011

Fishing - canoe, fishing


Used this anchor new out of the box this past weekend. Very well-designed anchor: compact, locks open for use, locks closed for storage and not punching holes / scratching the interior of my new canoe. Worked very well in shallow muck / weed bottomed lake, which surprised me given the anchor is not that heavy. All in the design I guess... Held canoe in place when a monster Northern Pike broadsided the small 25 3/4" Northern Pike I hooked. What a fight with 16 ft canoe getting pulled around in circles! Now if only we had had a landing net that was as well-designed as this anchor... :( Advanced Elements Canoe and Kayak Anchor System

Why I didn't buy a small anchor years ago, I don't know.Works very well and keeps my kayak in place while fishing coves and other areas where the line is long enough. Haven't had any issues with the claw getting snagged. I usually lock two of the four claws which may help too.

Haven't used yet but it seems like a well made product.As said before if you use in a stream where the current flows good you might end up snagged on something and lose your anchor.Think i will be using the anchor bag that came with my pontoon boat and if i hang up my bag of rocks no great loss.

Purchased the Advanced Elements anchor after drifting around while trying to fish from my kayak. Wasn't sure how effective it would be because of the light weight and size.

Tried it last weekend on a lake in a mild breeze and it worked perfectly. Tried it again the next day in a small river with moderate current and it worked well with a slight drag until it dug in. Anchor is sturdy, locks open or closed. Stores well in mesh bag when collapsed. Rope with carbiner and float is a plus. Make sure the anchor is tied tight before you use it. Would recommend.

First time I used this anchor, it caught under a log or something on the bottom of the lake and I couldn't get it free so I had to leave it in the lake. I think next time, I'll buy an anchor that is round with no hooks. If you fish a lot of structure, this might not be the best choice.

This was a gift for a family member. Have heard no feedback from him, but he did put it on his wish list, so I have no doubt he was very excited to get it, and I know if it wasn't a quality piece of equipment, he wouldn't have put it on his list of "want to haves". I received it in plenty of time to give it to the recipient and it arrived in perfect condition. I couldn't have been happier with the gift - except, of course, if you decided not to charge me for it. - Canoe - Fishing'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fishing - canoe, fishing fishing Fishing - canoe, fishing