Monday 20 June 2011

Book Lights - kindle book light, best book light


I've had about a zillion book lights and I finally found this one. I liked it so much that I bought two more as gifts. I love being able to plug it in and not waste batteries. If I had a complaint it would be that it's a tad too bright even on the second setting, but I wouldn't let that stop me from buying another. Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Book Light with Adaptor - Black

I received one of these (black but no adapter) a few months ago and my verdict is that I am likely to use it when reading books at night. I also don't feel that I'm missing the adapter.



Brief overview:



- 2 bright LED's with lenses

- light has more blue and very little red, or yellow (think of a steady neon light)

- uses 3 (THREE) AAA batteries which makes the base a little heavy

- 40-hour battery life (claim is made on the package, not exactly timed by me) but it does feel like it lasts forever on a charge

- power adapter does not justify paying twice as much for this book light given the long battery life and the inconvenience of running an electric wire on your bed

- relatively long, flexible arm

- can turn on 1 or 2 LED's

- solid build

- a bit heavy but had no problem using it with a paperback



I will definitely use this lamp when reading books at night. I doubt I will ever use it as a flashlight or a work light unless I had no other choice. If I were to buy another book light today it would be a Mighty Bright but I would go for the 'no adapter' version which sells for about half the price.

I bought a purple light with the adaptor. My main desire was to use it to read during my morning carpool commute to work. I loved this product so much that I bought three as gifts and am ready to buy one more.



There are three versions of this light offered for sale. One is just the light. One includes an adaptor. One includes batteries. The light does require 3 AAA batteries if the adaptor is not being used. I've found it available in blue, green, silver, black, purple and pink.



I have been using this light for over a month and am still using the same batteries. I have yet to use the adaptor. The batteries are more convenient for me. I had purchased rechargable batteries and a charge but haven't broken into them yet.



There are two lights on this product and three light settings. The left, right or both lights can be used. The neck is flexible so that it is easy to move to a position that actually sheds light on the entire page (if not two pages). It is bright. My husband still complains when I read in bed with it...however, it doesn't bother my carpool driver.



The clip is large and will easily attach to hardcovers. I usually clip it to the top of the pages that I've already read. When reading mass market paperbacks, I try to clip it to as large of a hunk of pages as possible because I don't like the light to move around.



A very useful product. Make sure to buy only what you need. As I did pay extra for an adaptor and just don't use it at all.

If you own a Kindle and find yourself reading in places that aren't always adequately lit this book light is a welcome solution. It clips on securely and holds on tight. The two settings give you some options and the light is very bright and crisp. As some other reviewers noted, though, the placement of the buttons make them very easy to brush against something in your bag, inadvertently turning on the light, bleeding the power from your batteries. If not for that annoying design flaw I would whole heartedly recommend it.

I've only used it a couple nights but so far it's working great. The only issue I've had is I wish the clip was a little stronger so it wouldn't slide off-center when I'm reading on my side. I'm very glad I paid extra for the a/c adaptor so I don't have to waste batteries when I'm reading at home in bed.

I LOVE TO READ AT NIGHT. I HAVE TRIED ALL BOOK LIGHTS AVAILABLE AT THE DEPARTMENT STORES. THEY CAN BE COSTLY AND ARE OF POOR QUALITY. I FINALLY DECIDED TO PURCHASE A MORE EXPENSIVE BOOK LIGHT WITH THE QUALITIES I DESIRED. I NEEDED A LIGHT THAT WAS BRIGHT ENOUGH TO READ AT NIGHT WITHOUT DISTURBING MY HUSBAND, PLUS ONE WITH A CLIP THAT THAT WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO STAY CLIPPED TO THE BOOK. I SEEN THIS BOOK LIGHT AND IT SEEMED TO HAVE WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. AN ADDED BONUS WAS THAT IT CAME WITH AN ADAPTER. FOR THE PRICE AND QUALITY I WAS EXTREMELY SATISFIED. THE LIGHT HAS TWO SETTINGS FOR THE BRIGHTNESS AND THE CLIP STAYS ON THE BOOK!! WOW I WAS IMPRESSED. I LOVE IT AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. I NOW LOOK FORWARD TO READING AT NIGHT. I CAN SEE WHAT I'M READING AND NO LONGER HAVE TO FUSS WITH THE CLIP. 5 STARS AND MORE!!!!!

stop surfing right now, and put this item in your cart. a/c or d/c operation; clips on to book, music stand, anything; has 2 levels of brightness; even lighting; great flex arm. i dropped mine on a cement floor when i moved my music stand too far away from the plug, and nothing happened to any of the parts. - Kindle - Kindle Book Light - Book Lights - Best Book Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Book Lights - kindle book light, best book light kindle book light Book Lights - kindle book light, best book light