Monday 20 June 2011

Htc Inspire Case


What an excellent case! Feels just like those cases you used to buy for the good old iPhone 3GS... Ah, the memories :)



Anyway, the case is great. It has an amazing feel to it, just like those expensive iPhone cases. The inside is padded with a nice material which should protect the phone against scratches and provide a little resistance if dropped.



There are 2 downsides:



1. The case is more of a dark reddish brown than the color in the pictures. It's like a very dark burgandy. I was hoping it would be at least a little redder.



2. Extremely difficult to remove, BUT I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION! If you have a swiss army knife handy, removing it is easy. Open up any of the tools WHICH ARE NOT SHARP and insert it into the slot in the back, and pull down with a tiny bit of force. The great thing is that it won't scratch your phone, but it might scratch the inside of the case which isn't even visible when the case is on. Perfect! Let me know if you need a more detailed way of doing it and I will type it out (leave a comment). Seidio SURFACE Case for HTC Inspire 4G/Desire HD (Burgundy)

This is a nice case.



It reminds me of the incase Slider I have on my iPhone 3GS, in look and feel and the way the case installs on the phone. In fact, holding my HTC Inspire in my new Seidio Innocase feels almost exactly like holding my beloved iPhone 3GS in the Slider, except my HTC Inspire, with its luciously vibrant, big-a$$ed 4.3" screen, feels a bit larger.



Before getting the Seidio Innocase I had an inexpensive TPU case I bought on eBay for eight bucks. This was actually a decent case, except it didn't provide ANY protection for the camera and the TPU seemed a little slippery.



The Seidio Innocase is a little wider than my TPU case, but not much; holding the phone with the new case feels about the same as far as size is concerned.



The Seidio Innocase has the same feel as my incase Slider, a nice hard plastic feel with a little bit of fuzziness to it. Weird but true. I like the feel of this case. It has a good "grip".



Like any decent case, this Seidio has a small lip that protects your screen when you set your phone facedown on a surface. The lip is not terribly high (is about the same as my TPU case) and doesn't get in the way of using the screen.



The button cutouts are OK. For the power button you will need to get right on top of the button and push down. With my TPU case I could hold my finger at an angle and it was a little easier. I'm sure I'll get used to the new angle.



For the volume rocker, the Seidio cutout provides a nice index for placing your finger so you know when your on the rocker. This makes it easy to adjust the volume when your phone is in a pocket. My TPU case was the same way.



The cutouts on the bottom and back are fine, no problems there.



The two piece case design (just like my incase Slider) works OK. Installation is a snap....literally. The phone slides in and the bottom snaps right on.



Removing the case...well, I don't recommend removing the case but when you do, follow these steps:

1. Sit down over a soft surface.

2. Press down on the BOTTOM part of the case, in the middle, right by the seam between the two case parts.

3. Pull the TOP part of the case away from the BOTTOM of the case.

4. Hide your astonishment when the SIM card cover on your phone stays inside the bottom part of the Seidio case and you are suddenly holding a Darth Vaderish looking HTC Inspire in your hand.



The bottom cover for my Inspire didn't want to come out of the bottom half of the Seidio, so I just reinstalled both at the same time.



The only things I don't like about the Seidio Innocase are:

1. The color is a LOT darker than the promotional photos. In the photos, the case almost looks red, but sitting here on my desk it's definitely a burgundy. A very dark burgundy. I like red. Oh, well.



2. The camera isn't protected nearly as well as I'd been led to believe. From the bottom of the phone up to the bottom of the camera, the back of the case protrudes past the camera, but from the top of the camera up to the top of the case the back of the case is recessed and the camera protudes just slightly past the case.



If your phone is laying flat on its back on a surface the camera is safe, but if the phone is tilted slight up, the camera "might" touch on whatever surface you are tilting against.



Protection for the camera was one of the big selling points for me and I'm a little peeved that the case is recessed above the camera, but I think it will be workable.



All in all I'm happy with this case. Having no case scares the heck out of me. My TPU case was OK, but didn't protect the camera at all and was a little slippery.



My Seidio Innocase II Surface Case is a keeper and will be protecting my phone until something better comes along (think BRIGHT red with more protection for the camera!)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Htc Inspire Case Htc Inspire Case Htc Inspire Case