Friday 24 June 2011

Marine Stereo - am fm radio, cd player


After many years of good service, the JVC cd player I installed in my Harley-Davidson Electra Glide died. I chose this Sony unit as a replacement primarily in the hopes that it would have some additional weatherproofing relative to the JVC. Overall, I'm very pleased with the Sony, although the face of the unit does not appear to be any more weatherproof than a non-marine stereo.



This unit has a 1/8" input on the front to run an iPod or other mp3 player into, and will play a CD loaded with mp3's too. The 1/8" input has a user-adjustable gain setting, which lets you match the Sony to the volume level output by the iPod/mp3 player.



It seems to produce good volume. I can't attest to the sound quality, because there is no such thing as quality sound when the bike is running, given the high ambient noise level from the bike, wind noise, etc. Nonetheless, the sound can be cranked up pretty well without distorting.



One thing that people may be interested in is that this Sony unit plays nice with polarized sunglasses. That is, you can still read the display if you're wearing polarized sunglasses. Many liquid crystal displays (LCD's) are almost impossible to read when wearing polarized sunglasses, so this is a nice feature that was included by Sony. Sony CDXM10 Marine CD Receiver Slot

I bought this to replace the stock marine radio which came with my SunTracker pontoon boat. I would use the FM modulators on my XM radio and iPhone charger to play those through the radio, but the radio station would "drift" and I'd lose signal. I was looking for an inexpensive radio that could lock in the tuner digitally, and everything else was gravy. Well, I got all that and more. Not only do I not get the FM "drift," I can now directly connect those devices through the AUX jack if I want. Installation was a breeze -- I just marked the boat's speaker, power and ground wires and then wired them up according to the instructions. The only thing I did was connect the yellow wire (as well as the red wire) to the ACC instead of the battery line -- I didn't want the unit draining my battery when I wasn't using the boat for extended periods. The time resets every time I turn off the ACC, but I'm OK with that. And it wouldn't work without the yellow wire connected. The unit fit perfectly in the original mounting hole on the boat. Oh, and by the way, it sounds SOOO much better than the original unit through my original speakers - louder, clearer and more "punch" -- even before tweaking the equalization settings. I am very pleased with my purchase.

I have a hot tub which had previously had a Pioneer stereo in it but it never worked.



I initially (naively) replaced it with a standard car stereo and as soon as a little water spilled over the side, the music stopped. That's when I discovered the whole "marine stereo" market. While I saw all kinds of options with iPod controls and bluetooth, I wanted something very basic. This unit fits the bill perfectly. It plays mp3 CDs, too, which is nice because you can fit a lot more music onto them.



The stereo is mounted into one of the outside walls of the hot tub -- paired with the Sony RMX11M wired remote, I can control most of the functions of the stereo from the comfort of the tub.



While the exterior is protected by a splash guard, I was a little worried about the humidity in the compartment under the hot tub -- so far this has not been an issue.



All in all, I'm very happy with this purchase.

This was purchased to replaced an older Sony model from 2003. Installation took minutes. Sound quality is excellent, even when using my MP3 player through the auxilary port. And, the price is right!

Stereo and speakers and good for the price. Amazon advertises that you will receive a wireless remote. It doesn't come with one. I wrote the seller and they advised me that amazon made the mistake. Don't know who to believe!! Good luck. - Am Fm Radio - Cd Player - Mp3 Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Marine Stereo - am fm radio, cd player cd player Marine Stereo - am fm radio, cd player