Friday 24 June 2011

Long-lasting - over-the-calf, long-lasting


It took me until age 47 until I really started to pay attention to my socks. I've always hated the drooping ankle-sock, showing skin with legs crossed look.. So I went on a mission to find a great, affordable over the calf and this is it. Fully stocked my sock drawer with 12 pairs in black, that's all I really need for work or leisure. The quality and comfort (they go up over your calf and STAY there...no bare ankles showing on me!) are exemplary. Next I'm going to try the athletic sock version of these, Gold Toe makes great stuff. Gold Toe Men's Canterbury Over the Calf Dress Sock 3-Pack, Black, Shoe Size 10-13

Best sock in performance that I have ever tried. I buy them in bulk and have never been dissappointed. No sagging, no defects. The only reason I toss them is that they fade to gray after a long life of use.



One of the few products that once you try them you never have to worry about this item in your wardrobe again. If they ever stopped making them, I would buy a 100 pairs just to know I would have them for my liftime.



There...I actually wrote a review on socks!

These socks are flawless. Extremely comfortable, you can wear them all day and the cotton allows your feet to breath while the nylon ensures that your socks never droop. They wear like iron, never had a hole after many years of use.

I read the reviews before purchasing but after using the socks I've found that; they cling to your pants. When standing, pants do not slip down to your shoes, they cling to your socks. When sitting, they grab your pants and stretch your pants tightly over your knees. They socks are also very tight.

I gave them 1 star because they don't fall down as advertised, and they do cover your ankles.

I'll go back to occasionally puling up my socks.

FIRST LET ME SAY THAT I'VE BEEN WEARING THESE SOCKS FOR MANY YEARS,IN FACT THIS WAS MY FOURTH ORDER OVER THE YEARS. UNTIL THIS BATCH I'VE HAD NOTHING BUT PRAISE, IN FACT THE ONLY REASON THAT I REPLACED THEM WAS THAT THE COLOR FADDED. THATS NOT TO SAY THAT THESE ARE BAD BUT JUST NOT AS GOOD AS THEY USED TO BE. THEY ARE ADVERTISED AS 70% COTTON WHEN IN FACT THEY ARE ONLY 60% COTTON HENCE THEY SOME TIMES CLING TO YOUR SLACKS, AND WHEN FOLDING TO PUT AWAY IN THE DRAW, THEY JUST DON'T KEEP THEIR SHAPE THE WAY THE OLD ONES DID. UNFORTUNATELY THEIR STILL THE BEST AVAILABLE SO I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO KEEP THEM. WHEN I WAS A YOUNG MAN ALL THESE PRODUCTS WHERE MADE IN THE GOOD OLD USA, I JUST HOPE THAT SOMEDAY THEY WILL START MAKING THEM IN THIS COUNTRY AGAIN, BECAUSE THE QUALITY WAS SO MUCH BETTER.

I have worn Gold Toe over the calf NYLON for about 40+ years and nothing comes close. They feel like silk and really stay up. Try finding 100% nylon anywhere, instead most sox are now cotton blends. Let's have a little choice around here. Being nylon, they do last a long time.

Great item. Don't know why it took me so long to try this brand. The socks actually go all the way up, over the calf, to the knee. If anything they are too long! (Many OTC socks barely make it to the calf line.) Furthermore, they really stay up, like all day for a 12-hr workshift. Nothing worse than pulling at your socks all day. Also, no toe-hole punctures yet.



I highly recommend these socks, they may be the best I have ever worn. - Over-the-calf - Excellent Socks - Socks - Long-lasting'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Long-lasting - over-the-calf, long-lasting long-lasting Long-lasting - over-the-calf, long-lasting