Friday 24 June 2011

Home Security Systems - home securtiy, alarm


I've only used this alarm for a few days but I have tripped it purposely and it seems to work like it should. I haven't tried the audible alarm but it calls the programmed number and plays the recorded message.



I wanted to write this because when I first received the alarm I couldn't get the batteries to work correctly. You are supposed to get a loud beep when they are installed properly and I got nothing or a very weak sound.



I tried different batteries etc. but I finally realized on the positive "+" end of a battery there is a small protrusion and the battery holder has a small "V" notch to hold the battery in place. The problem is if you push the battery down too far it gets caught slightly behind the notch and doesn't make a good connection. That's the only problem I've had after several days of use. Home Security Burglar Alarm System Cell Phone Dialer

We bought these for when we are out of town for a few days. We just set them up in a couple of rooms on tables. They work pretty well. I've forgotten they were on and set them off and they worked great. We have them set to call 3 numbers and each got a call. Not much time for a message, but if you have caller id you will know right away. Great deal for the price.

I bought one of these to place in the bedroom where my gunsafe is as I figured if it ever got tripped I would have time to catch whoever was there before they could get in a 1000 lb safe. It works flawlessly so I bought another for in our large 40X60 garage which is about 200 feet from the house to call me at night if someone was attempting a break in. It's really easy to set up and a few times I forgot to disarm it it has called me and my wife's cell number. Very inexpensive and I love the silent trip so I can get a jump on anyone if needed. I'm thinking of getting another one for our shed if I decide to run an electric line to it with a phone line. So far the batteries are still going and it's been over 6 months. For what alarm companies wnat a month and what I have heard regarding their response time I'll trust my shotgun/AR-15, German Shepherd, and a good aim to do the job on my own and save some money in the process : ).

Good price and it works fine so far. Have only used it once, so I'm no authority. Instructions could have been a little clearer, as far as pro-gramming it is concerned. My only real dislike is the method of attaching the phone line to the unit, the female slot should have been designed to accept the line without removing the little screw on the bottom and snaking the line from the top to the bottom and out the slot in the plastic snap-in housing. It does sound a loud shrill unless you turn off the audible. I prefer the silent mode. It does dial both cell phones in series, however it does not appear to continue to dial both cellphones even if you continue to set it off by walking in front of it. For the price, however, you can't beat it.

Very easy to set up and works as described. I am useing this in a seasonal home in Michigan. I had a family member enter the house without knowing about the alarm and low and behold it called me in Florida to let me know there was movement in our Michigan house. It will also reset its self and you can turn off the the inhouse siren so the intruder doesn't know that it is silently making phone calls to alert someone of their presents. Great value!

Inexpensive and a fantastic alternative to the usual "managed-care" burglar alarms. Took me less than 10 minutes to set up. Only difficult part was taking it out of the sealed plastic packaging!



This alarm also promotes the concept of neighborhood watch since a user can program his own phone number and his neighbors and the neighbor can do the same. That way, we watch out for each other. And in current economic times when most cops are not willing to answer unverified calls from the burglar alarm companies due to so many false alarms, this alarm will result in the neighbor calling the cops and the chances of getting a response will be much better.



One major headache is that if the alarm is triggered it will keep calling your phone until someone goes to the alarm and shuts it off with the code, or pulls the plug to the phone line! So the alarm forces someone to come to the home.

I bought the alarm primarily because the ADT system does not work with VOIP phones and I was not keen on getting a dedicated phone line just for ADT...and increasing my costs by another 10 bucks a month! This system works with VOIP phones such as vonage.

This Alarm did not work as the seller and manual said, I don't recommend nobody to buy it, when i installed it I have to be very close to be detected by it, the manual said it will cover 20 feet but i have to be 5 feet to be detected. - Home Security - Alarm - Home Security Systems - Home Securtiy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


home securtiy Home Security Systems - home securtiy, alarm