Saturday 7 May 2011

Yoga Accessory


When I first saw my girlfriend with her yoga mat so carefully strapped over her shoulder, I had to have mine. The yoga bags never worked for me. It takes a long time to put my mat in one, at least the one I had, and then after class I never want to put it back in after all the perspiration. The strap is great and it even fits my larger and bulky Manduka mat, it is reliable, and made of great material. I also have used it to do neck stretches and other stretching exercises so it already has been serving on multiple layers. Love it! YogaAccessories (TM) Yoga Mat Harness Strap

This carrying harness/strap makes carrying my oversized yoga mat much more comfortable. My mat is 1/4 inch thick, so I have to roll it very tight in order to be able to fasten the clasps, so you can figure that a thinner mat will go in quite easily.

This does exactly what it is designed to do, no more, no less. The fastener straps are adjustable so they accommodate a wide assortment of yoga mat thicknesses. The carry strap, while not adjustable, is long enough to carry on the shoulder or to sling over your head to carry the mat on your back (Ninja style, as I prefer to call it). I did pinch myself rather painfully on one of the fasteners once (blood blister!) but I was probably not in the moment.

I bought the yoga mat strap and found that the velcro isn't long enough to accomodate a tightly rolled mat. It slips right off the end and the strap is too long to carry so I end up holding the mat anyway. I stopped using it!

I ordered this strap in conjunction with YogaAccessories' 1/4" Extra Thick Deluxe Yoga Mat. The strap holds that mat just fine and it is the right length.



Sometimes it's hard to get the shoulder strap around because it is quite short and not adjustable.

Pretty good little strap carrier. It's slightly tricky clasping it together...as in I have to pause my conversation to make sure I have it the right way. Tricky as in it takes 5 seconds verses effortless. NBD (no big deal). But it does the job, easy to carry, minimalistic. I like mine.

This strap appears to be well constructed. The thicker of my two mats barely fits. The shoulder strap (not adjustable) is fairly long, so I'll need to tie a knot in the strap to make it the length that I want. It's also a little awkward to put on. Overall, I'd prefer the strap that came with my mat if it weren't for the fact that it's falling apart. (It is simply two elastic loops with a shoulder strap in between, which is very easy to put on and to adjust.)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Yoga Accessory Yoga Accessory Yoga Accessory