Saturday 7 May 2011

Kindle Accessory - car fm transmitter, ipod accessories


If you want a good sounding unit, this is the one. Out of the numerous units that i've purchased, this is by far the one that actually comes in clearly until the batteries start to fade (which takes for me about 3 weeks of using it roughly a hour and a half or so a day). If you purchase this, you wont be disappointed. Scosche FM Transmitter for iPod/MP3 Players (Black)

I just got this transmitter at Walmart. It's a little bit different than the one listed here (FMT4RA instead of FMT4R), but it's a great little gadget. I needed to buy a battery operated transmitter for my car since my cigarette lighter is out of order and I don't want to replace it. I can be standing about 10 to 15 feet away and still hear the radio or iPod loud and clear! I had purchased one before this that was lousy--I had to literally hold the iPod up to the radio to hear anything. Since this new one is battery operated, I worried that the transmitter would be lousy, but that is not so. I'm very happy with this and can't wait to use it in my car. I tried it out first at home with my clock radio and it's phenomenal how clear the sound is! If you need an FM transmitter and can't use the AC/DC powered kind, get this one. It's available at Wal-Mart in the auto department next to the mobile audio stuff for $12. Can't go wrong, but I'm planning to invest in some rechargeable batteries soon.

After reading the 4 & 5 star ratings here on Amazon, I thought I would buy this Scosche FM transmitter for my iPod. This way I could play music from my iPod, not only in the car, but through my home audio equipment too. This transmitter works amazing! The music is clear on both my car and home stereos. The fact that it has 20 frequencies to choose from makes it really convenient. Most of the other transmitters I looked at only operated on 88.1-88.9. These frequencies are all jammed up with radio stations here in Toronto. This unit uses 88.1-.9, 90.1-.9, 106.1-.9 and 107.1-.9. For my area, 90.7 works amazing. For some reason though, I am not able to pick up a stereo signal on 90.7 in my car, so I use 106.3, which works better. In my home, I can pick up the 90.7 signal all over the house and 2/3rds down the block in mono in each direction, but clear! In the instruction booklet, the frequency distance is 10ft, which is for a solid stereo signal, but the mono signal really travels. This transmitter not only adds versatility to an iPod, but contributes to the "cool factor" as well. If you would like to be able to utilize your MP3 player to it's full potential, this Scosche FM transmitter can't be beat!

I guess I can't complain too much, since I've had it for several months but the cord just started fraying and pulling out of the transmitter. It now will only play on one frequency (which is not the one it is set on). Another problem I have had since I got it, is that if it is anywhere near anything that even resembles metal (like the metal spirals on a spiral notebook) the signal starts getting fuzzy.

Walmart has it too, FYI.



[...]

Cheap and works great. One thing though: It's so cheap that in Walmart, they don't even sell it in the electronics section but in the automotive section.



I live in NYC Metro where all stations are used and this really did work very well, even in my congested area.



Works as clear as if the songs were coming out of the radio or CD player. And if you don't like one FM station, because it's giving you a little static, you can easily pick another.



I also did *extensive* research on *numerous* FM transmitters and have read an untold number of consumer reviews and, to date, this FM transmitter is the only one that gets multiple 4 - 5 stars anywhere, whether it be Amazon or Walmart or another site. The exceptionally cheap price makes it a must-have!



I got it for the latest generation (generation 4) iPod touch.



BR

Bought this unit to transmit audio from my Droid 1 phone. I wanted something that was extremely mobile and didn't rely on a car charger in case I wanted to use it at the beach.



I did a lot of research and found that this unit had the best reviews for the price. Shipping was on time and only $5. Although the unit looks a little different it still works great. No problem in the car and it overpowered whatever signal was already coming through on the frequency i decided to try (within in reason. You're not going to overpower a 50k watt station with a $20 fm transmitter silly). It takes two AAA batteries and I'm using some from a old remote control that I found in a drawer. I guess it doesn't use much power because I don't know how old the batteries are. haha.



All in all...Happy so far.

I bought the transmitter hoping to provide music from my mp3 player to a 1990'ish receiver (that of course has no input jack for a digital mp3)... and the Scosche did the trick.



However, note that if you don't get much sound, try turning up the volume on the mp3 player. At first I thought the Scosche wasn't working when the mp3 was set to my normal ear bud volume. When I tried turning up the volume on the mp3, I got a clear sound from the receiver and speakers. - Ipod Accessories - Car Fm Transmitter - Ipod Car Kit - Iphone Fm Transmitter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information