Saturday 7 May 2011

Bosch Spark Plugs


I have the Bosch Platinum +4 plugs in a couple of different vehicles. In a 94 Grand Caravan 3.3L I got over 75,000 miles use before replacing and they were still performing well.



In an '89 Honda Civic 1.5L they improved my fuel economy several mpg and they seemed to give me more mid-range torque and better accelleration in the 1500-2500 rpm range.



I've read mixed reviews from others, so they may not be right for every vehicle or driving condition, but they work well for me.



I wish they made a plug that fit my Harley, I'd love to try it. Bosch (4417) FGR7DQP Platinum +4 Spark Plug, Pack of 1

We all buy gas, right? Usually every two weeks, no? Getting expensive these days. I drive a 1995 Corolla and didn't realize I was only burning about 60% of it until I put these plugs in. It gave me instantly more power for the same amount of pressure with my right foot. Pretty great!



Bottom line, these are fantastic plugs, and if you're even mildly mechanically inclined, you should already have these in your cart. Just buy them!

I've used these type of plugs in my last three cars and never had a problem with them and their service/performance have been great. The first ones were the single electrod type and were installed in my 1983 Honda Accord. They were very easy to change and check due to the ease of access. It allowed me to check them frequently over the years. What I discovered. They never had any carbon build up at all. Never had to be gapped. And yes, they improved my fuel mileage average. When I retired the car it had set up for a few years in the driveway. It had not been started in a very long time but the engine oil was synth. Someone offered to take it from me to restore. When they arrived with a flatbed trailer to load it on. All they did was pour a fresh gallon of gas in the tank, swap the battery and spray starter fluid in the carb. It started on the third try!

My next vehicle was a Ford Aerostar Van and the duel electrode Bosch plugs were installed. They ran great in it too. Never had a problem with these plugs. My current vehicle is a '97 Suburban with 125k miles and has the four electrode plugs installed. My fuel mileage went up nearly 3mpg and the engine runs smooth. Before changing the plugs around 100k, (I got it used) I ran several 42 gallon tanks of fuel treated gasoline and two changes of full sythn oil to be assured the engine was clean inside before changing the plugs. And during this time, monitored the mpg rates carefully before hand. I am still getting nearly 3mpg better than before and things are still running smooth.

I purchased 4 of these plugs for my 2002 Suzuki Areo. They replaced the 4 NGK standard plugs which had been used for about 40,000 miles. From the look of these new plugs they appear to be well manufactured. Also I noticed that they were made in Germany. I enjoyed the convenience of not having to gap them. My car is now running fine with them installed. I would say the car somewhat feels slightly more powerful, but really this is rather difficult to measure. Without any way to measure it quantitatively, I can only rely on how I feel when I step on the gas. So I can't say for sure that they bring more power to my car, but at least it seems to be running smoothly. Overall I am happy with this product and how it worked out so far.

no noticeable power gains in the 99 maxima, but i didn't have to gap the plugs. that's a plus. i plan on changing the fuel filter which has never been done. hopefully, there'll be some noticeable power or mpg improvement.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bosch Spark Plugs Bosch Spark Plugs Bosch Spark Plugs