Saturday 7 May 2011

Eye Makeup Remover - neutrogena, eyes


Has the formula recently been changed in Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover? I have used this product for many years and loved it. Over the last couple of weeks, however, the delicate skin around my eyes has become red and peels after using this product. I have not made changes in any of my other cleansers, sunscreens, or makeup products. I can't figure out why my skin is so irritated, and I am ready to discontinue using this makeup remover. Neutrogena Cleansing Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, 5.5 Fluid Ounce

I picked up this item in the store at a friends recommendation, and I don't want to use anything else. I used various other products and I still had a residue of makeup left over. With this product it just a wipe away, and I used q-tips to get to the the fine lash areas around my eyes.

I bought this product a while back in Walgreens, and I have been more than happy to finish it!



The first words on the bottle say "oil-free." It is definitely not what it claims because I always have an oily residue on my face after I use it. I even have to shake the bottle to mix what looks like oil and water before use. On top on that, this make up remover doesn't do a good job at removing my make up. I've used cotton balls and cotton wipes; none of them seem effective. I don't cake-on my make-up either; just mascara, eyeliner, some eye shadow, and the occasional blush. I'm always left with lingering mascara around my eye, no matter how many times I wipe. The excess oil doesn't make things better.



Overall, the Neutrogena Cleansing Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is too oily, despite its label, and doesn't do a good job. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

This works well as an eye makeup remover and lasts a while. The only problem is that after shaking the solution and using it, it tends to leave an oily residue behind on the skin that has to be wiped off with a wet cloth.

This stuff definitely works! It gets even the toughest eye makeup off without any struggle. It DOES leave a little bit of residue, but it doesn't bother me. I use this BEFORE I use cleanser, so I end up washing the residue away with the cleanser. Love this product and will continue to purchase it.

This product says that it's oil-free, but it feels very oily and leaves an oily residue on your eyelids that you can't wash off with just water. It feels weird and it does separate, as another reviewer mentioned.

It does remove makeup well, but the the oily residue it leaves all around the eyes is more than unpleasant (and difficult to get rid off).

I have used this product for years and I am very happy with it. It easily removes waterproof mascara and really gets it all. I wouldn't say it's oily, I would say it leaves a bit of conditioning behind. Couldn't we all use a little of that? I rinse with water after I use it, if that would be helpful for anyone to know.

I love many Neutrogena products, like their sunscreens and their combo peel/scrub. They do what they advertise. This product, on the other hand, was a huge disappointment. Take everything it says on the label and disregard. Effective? No. Doesn't remove makeup well. Gentle? Maybe, but who cares since it doesn't work? No oily residue? Whatever is in there (can't be oil, of course) separates in the bottle and per the directions has to be shaken before use. It's probably the most oily feeling remover I've ever used.



Save your money and buy the Loreal product in the blue bottle that this product is trying to compete with. Or get the Target version, which is less expensive and smells like rose. - Makeup Removers - Eyes - Neutrogena'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Eye Makeup Remover - neutrogena, eyes makeup removers Eye Makeup Remover - neutrogena, eyes