Saturday 7 May 2011

Ipad Accessory - usb charger, iphone


I picked this item up at a bargain, I did not expect the highest of qualities.



The AC prongs with a press of a button will detach from the main housing. This is a nice feature I suppose it is designed this way so you can change out the electrical outlet adapter style.

The problem is the pins do not line back up properly. the housing insert has small spring loaded openings. When you insert the electrical prongs the spring action will ensure a good connection. The problem is one of the springs pulls the contact completely closed not allowing one of the pins to seat properly. Because the pins were crimped closed they opened back up.



I am unable to put this unit back together without breaking it...... CrazyOnDigital White Apple iPad Dual USB Home Travel Charger

After leaving my apple charger in a hotel room (which was 'not found' the next day), I bought a name brand replacement. It failed in about two months so I went to Amazon to find a cheaper alternative. My thoughts:



Is this cheap plastic - yes,

Is it somewhat bulky to carry in a computer bag - yes,

Will this last years and years - I have my doubts,

Is it 2.5 times less expensive than a name brand replacement - yes



If this thing lasts 6 months, I'll be ahead of the game. So far, so good.

The detachable prongs would not mate properly with the charger - looks to be a manufacturing defect. I won't go to the trouble of returning this thing, but you should know that you get what you pay for...

Not a lot to say about this little charger other than it works great. I used this to replace my factory iPad charger which got water poured on it. This charger works perfect and is able to charge multiple items, which is very nice! - Iphone - Usb Charger - Ipad Accessory - Ipad Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


ipad accessory Ipad Accessory - usb charger, iphone