Saturday 7 May 2011

htc thunderbolt - htc thunderbolt


This is actually a pretty decent case, especially for the price. Adds minimal bulk and snaps on & off easily. All cameras, ports, kickstand, etc. function perfectly. Power button is a little bit harder to depress, but I suppose this would be the same for any case. Also, as you can see from the photo, the little rubber circle on the back of the phone is not accessible with this case. Not sure what that's for anyway. (Thankfully) I've not yet dropped the phone so I can't tell you how well it holds up in that respect. Will be sure update if this case lets me down! BLACK For HTC ThunderBolt Rubberized Hard Case Cover

Now that I've owned this case for a couple weeks:

- The rubberized coating on top of the hardened black case is flecking off from light usage (pulling it out of my pocket and putting it back in my pocket).

- The case is noticeably thicker than other cases I have bought.



My thoughts: If you are using this for a short term purpose, it is absolutely worth the cheap price. In fact, it could be worth the price to just buy a couple of these and cycle through them. However, I am staying away from buying this case again and moving on to something that I don't have to take the time to replace on a regular basis.

For the price you can't beat this case. It covers the phone well, fits snugly and can be popped on and off with ease. It leaves the little rubber circle under the kickstand uncovered, which differs from the product photos above, which is a good thing (I think? not sure what that is any way). All buttons are easy to press and all ports/camera are uncovered. Overall a good product for the money

In a nutshell: this case works, but inelegantly. It's rubberized hard plastic, covers all edges and corners, and recesses the camera so it can avoid scratches. It also allows use of the kickstand - handy. Unfortunately, the rubber "chips" or wears off at edges quickly, but that's cosmetic, and you're buying this to protect your phone, right? Unfortunately, this case has some major flaws.



1) It's virtually impossible to get off once you snap it on; there is a small slot on one side, but it actually took so much force that it bent my fingernail. Using a penny also works, but still requires force, and snapped off one of the corner notch/slots. This is very bad if you need to switch batteries, or pull a battery to get out of a hardware lock.



2) It compromises the phone's heat dissipation. I don't overclock my phones, but even normal usage makes it heat up to scary temps (may be around 50C). This will definitely shorten battery life and lifespan of the phone.



3) It becomes very difficult to pull down the notification bar because the top edge of the case prevents your finger from making full contact with the bar to drag it down. You can smoosh your finger in, or use your fingertip (instead of the pad), but it's very annoying.



I do feel like my phone is very safe in it though, which is the primary purpose. My contract expires in November, so I don't plan on using my Tbolt for long, otherwise I would avoid it for the heat issues. And as a note, it makes the Thunderbolt even more bulky; I don't mind, I have big hands. If you don't avoid, it would be hard to hold and be able to reach all the screen with your thumb.

Produce received looks nothing like the case pictured. The finish on the case is terrible. The case is basically just a white case that someone spray painted black. I tried multiple times and was unable to get the case to completely close on the phone. When I went to remove the case to clean my phone the tabs on the case broke so it is now worthless. It is definitely worth the extra money to get the Seidio Innocase.



Seidio Innocase II Surface Case for HTC ThunderBolt (Black)

If you want to keep your TB safe, this is your only choice. It's solid, works easily, and it's effective. I've dropped it twice with nary a scratch, dent, or blip on the screen. The swivel belt clip is ideal (even though I swore I'd never be a pocket-protector-style phone geek. Don't think twice, it's alright.

After about a week of waiting, I finally got an email statiung they didn't have the color I wanted and would I accept a clear one as a substitute while I waited. I did, although I wondered how they could have a clear rubberized case. Well, that's because it is plastic. It no more protects the phone than the outer cover, in fact, the one time I did drop the phone from a mere 12 inches to the table, the plastic broke off into three pieces. It is not rubberized.

I was happily surprised with this case. Being that it was so cheap I was taking a gamble and half expected it to fall apart right away. It seems relatively sturdy and snaps on effortlessly. Its a little hard to snap off but I see that as a good thing so if I were to drop it, it wouldnt come off. However, I don't believe it would be all that much protection from a high drop seeing as its just a thin layer of soft touch plastic. It doesn't add noticeable weight or thickness and also looks nice making my Thunderbolt all black. The front side also adds a small ridge around the edges so you don't have to worry about setting your phone face-down and scratching it. All of the buttons are useable and not effected by the case. The material feels nice and adds grip. I defiantly recommend this case considering the price if you are looking for a mildly protective case thats simple and attractive. I aslo highly suggest not wasting your money on a more expensive case that looks like its drop resistant because very few are. - Htc Thunderbolt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


htc thunderbolt - htc thunderbolt htc thunderbolt htc thunderbolt - htc thunderbolt