Saturday 28 May 2011

Pointer - 50mw, laser


You can easily see the beam in the air outside and night and indoors! I cut a tiny hole in mine under the button to reveal the potentiomater and I cranked it up a little with a screwdriver and I'm popping ballons! Wonderful! 50mW Green Laser Pointer w/ Silver Body

very strong, but the batteries sent died within hours so i had to get new ones, but since then no problems whatsoever. its a little heavy but extremely powerful and very fun. more than i expected. excellent product.

You can't beat the price for this powerful laser. It is much brighter than your typical red pointer, but it seems to be sensitive to temperature this winter. If it is cold, the beam is quite dim. After warming it up with my hands, it reaches full brightness again. For the price, I can't complain. I remember wanting one of these a long time again when the red lasers first came out. The greens were about $300.

-Kevin

I used the expedited shipping and it came in three days. When I opened it, it came with a cleaning cloth and an extra LED mini flashlight. The laser itself: Beam is visible and it is <50Mw. Great product and service.

The laser is well constructed and have no problems so far. It is very bright great pointer, but it wont burn, pop, or produce noticeable amounts of heat. I am sure it is well under the 50mW threshold, and it even says on the laser <50mW even though it is advertised as 50mW. All in all it is a good laser, just hoped for more.

I received the product very quickly, within 4 days or so. The construction is very solid. I don't know if it lives up to its 50 mW claim, but it is certainly bright. The beam is clearly visible at night, and it lights up the room when inside. I have had some problems with the power output dropping after a few seconds of being on, but it seems like it just needs to get warmed up. For the price, this is an excellent laser. Recommended.

I received this product within 3-5 days(usual). The first two days it was great, beam was clearly visible at night. The third day, it needed to be warmed up to get working good. By the fourth day the button was loose and the laser would only function if pushed hard. It completely stopped working by the fifth day. Complete waste of money.

Honestly, I don't know how this thing isn't illegal, it's visible for miles (Note: there are restrictions, such as not pointing at aircraft). Around our house, we call it the "star-pointer" and refer to it in slang as "hey I'm gonna show so-and-so my favorite star" (meaning I'm gonna show off my sweet laser pointer).

It works well even in light-polluted cities (you can see the beam for a great distance). In my rural backyard, it appears still blindingly bright to a person who is being pointed at from 1.5 miles away (I don't recommend this for safety reasons).

There are now so many occasions I wish I had one, and I would carry it with me everywhere. Recently I went night-diving and wished I hadn't a point mechanism other than my broad underwater flashlight, this would do it.

It has a classy look and comes with a nice storage case. I would gladly pay well in excess of $50 to get a new one if something happened to this one.

bulk of the light is in the infrared band.



Incredibly, the directions for battery installation are wrong.



The beam is OK, but is not powerful enough to cause Rayleigh Scattering. In other words, does not leave a trail in the air for pointing to stars. It might under the right circumstances but nothing in the 5 nights I tried to use it.



Could be useful as a pointer in a large auditorium but beam spreads out pretty quick. I compared this to a keychain red laser that I bought for 3 bucks at the local electronics store. The red laser had a much tighter dot at almost every distance, and had a similar range (probably because less beam spread).



You get what you pay for...if you're lucky. I ordered a 150 mw green laser two days after this one arrived. - Laser - 50mw - Green Laser Pointer - Astronomy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information