Saturday 28 May 2011

Led Flashlight


Each of the 13 LEDs is housed in its own reflector and all reflectors are aligned in a unified shell so as to focus the 13 light sources into a single, large diameter, spotlight. It's beam is both bright & wide for a home flashlight. [It is, of course, not as blinding bright as police type, "tactical" flashlights.]



This light, when placed atop a refrigerator or bookcase so as to shine upward toward the ceiling, illuminates an entire kitchen or 12' x 12' living room well enough to easily carry on family activities, including cooking dinner on a gas stove.



It is NOT heavy. I comes with a hand lanyard, a sturdy tab to allow it to be hung over a wall-mounted screw or nail head, and multiple holes for suspending it using parachute cord, fishing line, or even dental floss in a pinch.



Would easily provide enough light to change a tire on a dark road.



It is rated to last 40 hours on a (spring terminal) 6-volt lantern battery.



I really like it! Dorcy 41-1046 13 LED Lantern with Battery

Bright or brighter than any other flashlight I own. Very inexpensive for what you get. Feels like I could drop it from ten feet to the pavement and it would survive. I will be buying more of these in the future. Came with a battery too. The main purpose of this flashlight for me is to be the light I keep in my car at all times. If it lets me down, I'll update the review then.

I don't need a flashlight often but when I do, I can count on this light. It is durable, it's lasted longer than any other flashlight I've owned. The batteries really last, I don't remember ever changing the batteries since I bought it.

This latern has a decent light output and the beam is a nice compromise between spot and flood. I also like the square body. It's easy to hold and can securely stand on it's back side to light a room by reflecting off the ceiling, nice for those trips to the bathroom during power outages. I also like the 6 volt lantern batteries. They last a long time and you can buy a cheap one for a couple of bucks at the dollar store.



However, I dropped this light once and the result was that now there are 4 good LEDs, 3 dead LEDs and 6 LEDs that flash. Very strange! I have checked the circuit board and there doesn't seem to be any obvious damage but the latern is now essentially useless.



Good light... just don't drop it.

Flashlight has 13 LEDs, which are both bright and spread a fairly wide beam with some center weighting. Seems to be sturdy, with exception of the cloth strap that seems too weak for a large flashlight (easy to remove in any case).

This lantern is well made and a fair value. However, there are no instructions as to how to insert the battery (easy enough, but still, no diagram or instructions at all?). It is not as bright as you would expect, but I guess good enough for most casual uses. Should provide light for a long time with this good size battery and low current LEDs. Of the three Dorcy lights I purchased, this is the least impressive, but it gets the job done. It does have the widest beam of the three which could be an advantage in some situations. It looks to be well sealed and fairly weather proof like all Dorcy's.



2011-08011 update: I originally rated this 3 stars but came back and raised that to 4 stars because after having it around for awhile, I actually find it quite nice and often the one I pick for a quick trip out to the mailbox late at night or whatever. It's fairly light for its size and the handle provides a good comfortable grip. The beam is bright enough and wide. This one reminds me of the many similar lanterns we used to take on camping trips in my youth, but they were much heavier. A nice quality lantern.

This is the first LED flashlight I've owned, and the blue hue is pretty cool once you get used to it. Flashlight seems to be well-built, and a good value for the price. Just make sure you get it when it's eligible for Prime or Super Saver shipping. I had it on my wish list for months, but they wanted like six bucks for shipping. Once it went 'prime', I snapped one up.

Dorcy makes the best lights for the money much better than Mag-lites, so if you don't

need a culb or a light for blinding people. This light works on the very first time

you turn it on every time.Plus with the battery included you can't beat it.I have

Three styles of the Dorcy lights and plan on buying more one for every room, you never know.

I was inspired to buy a new LED flashlight after using a rechargeable, 36-LED flashlight at a relative's house. I was surprised at both the brightness and width of the beam. I asked her where (and for how much) she purchased her amazing flashlight and she told me that she found it at the local dollar store for about $10. The dollar store was out of stock.



After scouring the internet for a comparable item, I settled for this one. The size of the flashlight, the design, the price, and the components all seemed similar to my relative's; how different could they be, right?



Unfortunately, they're pretty different. The beam IS super-bright on this Dorcy flashlight, but that seems to be the standard in flashlights now that most flashlight manufacturers have switched to using super-bright LEDs. With such a thick housing, I would have thought the beam would be wider, but it seems no more significant in width than any other full-sized flashlight.



I do not like that the Dorcy uses a 6-volt battery. It's convenient when I can swap out batteries from other machines in a pinch (my TV remote often acts as an emergency-AA-battery holder) but, nothing else in the house uses a 6-volt battery. At least with D-size batteries, I know there are 3 or 4 other machines in the house that I could swap good batteries with in case of an emergency when the flashlight is dead.



The Dorcy flashlight is not bad, and I'm sure it will prove sufficient in times of need; however, LEDs are super-cheap, as well as super-bright, and I wish they offered a similar flashlight (at a similar price) with a wider head and at least twice-as-many bulbs.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Led Flashlight Led Flashlight Led Flashlight