Saturday 28 May 2011

As Seen On Tv - snuggie, blanket with sleeves


Because I'm WARM, do you hear me, WARM!!



I held off on buying the Snuggie until my wife got one from her brother for Christmas. Then I had to have my own. The things is just too darn warm, comfortable and, yes, snuggable to be without! The arms are a perfect touch, they keep it from falling down around you like a regular blanket or throw does. The fleece is thick enough to take a slight chill out of the air, yet not so thick that you'll be uncomfortably warm. The enclosed reading light is a nice touch. It turns itself on and opens itself as well. Too cool.



Reviews on this item vary widely, depending on which vendor one dealt with. All I can say is that mine arrived in a very timely fashion, no issues whatsoever. I used SVM Products, the same dealer that sells the one I'm reviewing.



The only problem I had with it is that it can fall off your shoulders after a while. A little Mighty Mendit fabric glue (good ol' Billy Mays) applied to the two sides of the neck opening turned mine into a closed collar Snuggie and solved the dilemma.



BTW, it's worth a few extra pennies to get the Snuggie Deluxe like I did. The fleece is a little thicker and it has pockets!



For those concerned about it holding up to washing: use Woolite, cold water, gentle cycle. And stay warm. Snuggie Blanket with Sleeves Sage Green

I got the snuggie as a christmas present from a friend. My husband felt how soft and comfortable it was, so he asked me to order him one. I did, and he absolutely loved it.. so much so, that he put it in his dialysis bag and uses it to cover him while he dialysis at the center. THANK YOU SNUGGIE DELUXE!!!

I honestly have to say this is the best thing I've bought all year. It kept me through the winter months and I love the pockets! Great quality for the price and I plan on using it for many years to come.

I was given 2 Snuggies for Christmas last year and they are very warm and comfortable however after just 2 washes the fleece started pilling. For those out there that are unschooled in the differences in fleece, pretty much every fleece in the world is soft and warm to begin with. One of the biggest differences between high quality and low quality fleece lies in the "pilling effect". Pilling occurs when the garment's fibers roll up, often after being washed, and lie on the surface like tiny round pills. This pilling seriously effects almost every aspect of the fleece including how it feels, how it looks, and its ability to keep heat in. All fleece pills eventually. You can tell how old a Patagonia Synchilla jacket is based off of how much pilling has taken place. Basically pilling takes a considerable amount time with high quality fleece while cheap fleece starts to pill right away, usually after just 1 or 2 washes. I had serious pilling after just 2 washes with the Snuggies and I am now over 30 washes with my Slankets and they still haven't shown even the slightest sign of pilling yet. For those that are unaware, Slankets are really the original sleeved blankets that came out roughly a year before Snuggies. Slankets are more expensive but its worth it as they use a much higher quality fleece.



The bottom line - Snuggies are cheaper but you get what you pay for. A Slanket costs more but its going to have a significantly longer lifespan than the Snuggie and it will keep its softness and its ability to keep in warmth much longer than the Snuggie. I gave my Snuggies to the Salvation Army and purchased 4 Slankets. My advice is to spend a little more and get a sleeved blanket that is considerably higher in quality. If you care more about saving money than actually buying something of quality then maybe the Snuggie is for you after all.



2 stars

We sent 3 to my family, and even bought one locally afterwards... they're so warm. My Nieces picked a different color for each of them, and I am told they love them, and their father has stolen the pink one!

THIS IS A BAD PRODUCT. ITS ONE SIZE FITS ALL AND THAT IS FOR THIN PEOPLE. IT ARRIVED WITH NO ZIPPER OR FASTENERS. IT IS JUST A ROBE WITHOUT A BELT THAT ISN'T GOING TO KEEP YOUR WHOLE BODY COVERED IF YOU ARE FAT. THE PIKE STREET BLANKET IS A BETTER DEAL IN THAT IT IS ZIPPERED AND WILL COVER YOUR ENTIRE BODY COVERED AT ALL TIMES. DON'T ORDER THIS GO WITH PIKE STREET. AND NEITHER OF THEM SUPPLY HOODS. 50% OF BODY HEAT IS LOST THROUGH THE HEAD SO YOU NEED HEAD COVERING TO STAY WARM. - Great Quality - Snuggie - Blanket - Blanket With Sleeves'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


As Seen On Tv - snuggie, blanket with sleeves great quality As Seen On Tv - snuggie, blanket with sleeves