Wednesday 4 May 2011

Pet Grooming Tool - pet grooming tool, nail care


Before you can actually use this product you first must accustom your pet to the PediPaws. Unless he or she is in a coma, your pet will absolutely despise the sound and vibration of it. Don't let that deter you! As the caring, dedicated pet owner that you are, you will persevere!



After one very long week, I learned that Sophie the dog is more patient than stubborn, and grudgingly learned to "put up" with the tool. However, Fuzzy the cat refused to do the same--he saw no need to suffer fools gladly.



The experience revealed two major drawbacks with the PediPaws: It files the nail in miniscule amounts at a time and can only be used in bursts of 7 seconds or so. (If used longer, the heat generated through friction could injure your pet.) If your dog's nails are overlong, this project could take you days---maybe weeks. Even if the nails were recently trimmed, you will have to constantly file them to maintain that length.



If you and your pet are extraordinarily patient, you would probably not even worry about purchasing this product, but you might enjoy the challenge of using it nonetheless. If you find it hard to resist a new gadget or power tool, I recommend buying the complete Dremel Drill Tool Set. That way, when you abandon using it to file nails, you will be able to find less dubious uses for it.



As for myself, I intend to keep it and, during evenings while watching TV, I will file my own nails. It is my hope that its sound, vibration and heat will remind me to never again purchase anything that is: "As Seen On TV." PediPaws Pet Nail Trimmer

I was excited when my pedipaws arrived, my dog hates having her nails trimmed and keeping her still is a chore. I acclimated my dog just like the instructions say, and she did okay but the pedipaws didnt. It's basically a grinder so you would think its easy, but the thing only has one speed, a safety guard that blocks your view, and is bulky and awkward. I managed to grind down my dogs nails, but not smoothe them well. I do not expect everyone to have the same experience that I have, but I still would not reccomend this product.

I am a professional dog groomer, and we hear SO many complaints about this tool, and have gained so many new nail grinding clients since it's introduction. It doesn't have good battery life, and isn't tough enough for a large dog's nails.



The Dremel MiniMite is a MUCH better investment, because it actually has enough power for larger dog's toenails. It is light weight, not too noisy, easy to control. I've only had two dogs in the past month (out of a couple hundred) that objected to it too badly to finish the job.



Dremel 750-02 Minimite 13,000 RPM 2 Speed 4.8-Volt Cordless Rotary Tool



It doesn't have a guard, but just do a swipe at a time until you figure out how much it'll take off. If youre not sure how to do this, google "toenail grinding" and you'll be able to figure it out pretty quick.



It is still possible to quick dogs with these tools, and if you press and hold them, the heat caused by the friction does become uncomfortable.



For really long nails, it's best to trim off the excess with a regular nail trimmer, and then after that you can upkeep them without trimming, just the grinding.

My dog 60lbs hates the sound. This product also took a very long time to use. Pressure on the sanding stick cause the sanding to stop. This product was pretty much useless to me and a waste of time and money.

I have to give Pedipaws an average score. Here are the pros and cons of what I have found:



PRO

It wasn't as loud as my Dremel and my dog wasn't freaked out, but it dids take some coaxing for her to get used to the noise. Now my dog is fine with it.

I like the guard so my dog can't reach down and grab it, which could cause harm if a dog grabbed a Dremel without a guard.

I like that it takes the nails off in small amounts, so I don't overdo it and hit the quick.

For me, it is easy to use.



CON

It is battery operated using C batteries and I hate using batteries. I wish it was corded.

The file tool will eventually become dull and I will have to replace it and they are expensive. I am going to try to find a way to make my own, saving a lot of money hopefully!

The guard is a yellow color and makes it harder to see what you are filing.

You can't use much pressure at all or the wheel stops, which is a good thing, in that it is hard to cut into the quick, but bad in that it takes a long time to get the nail trimmed. You can only file for 3 seconds and then you move on to another nail, and do them all, then come back and do it all over again, which takes time and I mean TIME! So busy people, better to use the nail cutters.

I don't know how this will hold up in time. It is fine now, but it doesn't have the quality of a Dremel in my opinion.



So that is what I have found about my Pedipaws. Would I buy it again? Yes and no. Yes, if they made it to where you could adjust the speed more, so you could get more filed. I understand too much power would be bad, but just a little more power would do wonders. I would want it corded so I wouldn't have to buy batteries. Also an affordable way to buy extra file wheels. Then I would buy it. It would be a great thing. But like it is I would pass on it. If you have a dog who hates nail cutters, you might try this, but the noise might be another obstacle to overcome.

So my final verdict is: This could have been a great product, but like it is, it is just OK.

I was a little unsure about this purchase since most "seen on tv" products are cheap and don't work. BUT I love this! It worked on my 50 lb dog and my little 15 lb dog. My little dog is scared to death of noises, but she wasn't bothered at all. They both actually liked getting this done. I was in shock! It trimmed their nails perfectly. I give this product 2 paws up! - Dog Grooming - Nail Care - Pet Grooming Tool - Dogs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pet Grooming Tool - pet grooming tool, nail care dog grooming Pet Grooming Tool - pet grooming tool, nail care