Wednesday 4 May 2011

Digital Clock - travel alarm, alarm clock


I bought this alarm clock 10 years ago before going to study abroad. This has been my daily-use clock at home and while traveling ever since and it still works great! I'm a little surprised to see that the exact same model is for sale, but glad it is because when/if mine breaks I will need an exact replacement or my brain won't know what to do in the morning. Seiko Travel Alarm Get Up and Glow Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case

I bought the Seiko Travel Alarm for an upcoming trip, and because it never hurts to have a battery operated clock in the house as a back-up.



It was exactly as represented and best of all - very easy to set. I especially liked the top bar to light it up - no fumbling here and it folds up to nothing and is very light.



Also this clock came weeks ahead of the scheduled delivery - Thanks Amazon!

I've had problems with other travel alarms not working right or buttons getting pressed accidentally while in my luggage. No problems like that with this one so far. I've only had it for a month though. I like the way it's designed - very easy to use.

Note: I am editing the below review, which I wrote in the past. I have given up on the clock after oversleeping one too many times. It only allows you to press snooze 2 or 3 times (I forget which). That means if you are really sleepy one day and press snooze a few times, it will stop snoozing and the alarm is just OFF, done, and you will keep sleeping. That defeats the concept of snooze!



original review:



Overall I like this clock. I have had a hard time finding one that works well for me. It is compact and the folding design for travel works well. I have only had it a few months but it seems pretty sturdy, like it won't break anytime soon. The alarm is a good volume, not overly loud. The only thing I really don't like is the "dial" on the front that you turn to put the clock in "set" mode for the alarm, it is very very difficult to turn. Fortunately I don't have to re-set my alarm every day, I usually keep it around the same time, or that would drive me crazy.

The Seiko Travel Alarm Clock was bought because we were going abroad and knew that we had to meet some very early ferry departures. The clock was light weight and easy to read. Only negative was that it didn't stay lit up at night unless you pressed the snooze buttom. - Travel Clock - Alarm Clock - Digital Clock - Travel Alarm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information