Wednesday 4 May 2011

Exercise Bikes - upright bikes, stationary bike


I recently ordered this bike, and it was relatively easy to put together as well as small and compact. I live in a small studio apartment and I am able to easily stow this away with no problem. Also, the bike is incredibly sturdy and a pretty quiet ride. I definitely recommend this bike, well worth the money! Stamina 1300 Magnetic Resistance Upright Bike

This bike is perfect for someone like me who needs a low impact workout. I lost 8 pounds in the first two weeks. Assembly was pretty much self explanatory. The only glitch was difficulty attaching the tension cable end to the bracket and spring hook, but someone more mechanically inclined should have no problem with assembly. After assembly, the bike worked fine, but the LED display stopped functioning, so it may be necessary to unattach the meter to jiggle the connection wire from time to time. The seat feels very hard after about 15 minutes of workout, so I recommend a gel seat cushion. Make sure the cushion's dimensions are in the 13" x 15" range to ensure a proper fit. Other than these minor inconveniences, the Stamina 1300 Magnetic Resistance Upright Bike is a very nice addition to anyone's exercie regimen.

I got this bike 3 days ago and have used it about 20 minutes everyday. I am very satisfied with it and here are some pros and cons I can share with other people.



Pros:

- It is relatively light weight. I believe the total weight after assembly is around 48 pounds. I can move it all by myself, even go upstairs or downstairs. The good thing is that I can put the bike in a more private place during the day and only move it in front of the TV when I am using it. This is a big plus as otherwise I would need to put something in the family room.

- It is quiet. I ride it for 3 nights around 11pm when all people were sleep. It is so quiet even I don't hear much of the noise while riding it. With two young kids, and a busy working schedule, late night is probably the best time for me to get some exercise. So being quiet is almost the most important condition for me.

- The color is neutral, and easy to fit into household color scheme. I can almost put it anywhere in the house and don't feel it intrusive to the surrounding.

- The overall dimension is relatively tight. It does not take too much space while put out for exercise.

- The design is quite elegant.

- Assembly is not that difficult. Took me around 30 minutes to finish the assembling, and only one point I need to use my own tool to loosen a bracket so that the tension cable can be hooked. (something to consider to improve so that no own tools is needed).

- The instrument panel is easy to read and one button operation. (it's also a cons as functionality is simple).



Cons:

- There is no heartbeat reading. But reading available for elapse time, speed, distance and calories. It also has scan mode where the 4 readings are rotating every 28 - 29 seconds.



For something at this cost ($159), it's great. And I am sure will keep riding it everyday after the house become quite. To me, it's a great addition to my home and one step towards a healthy mid-age life.

This bike is so easy to use and quiet enough that I can hear the television while riding. The price is unbeatable and the footprint is perfect for my small apartment.



I am not mechanically inclined and still it only took me about 2 hours to assemble - only because I reversed a couple parts. I did have to use my own small wrench in a couple of places that the supplied tool did not seem to fit.



All-in-all I am very happy with my purchase.

I actually think I am better than average in terms of mechanical assembly, but it was very difficult to figure out how to assemble the tension cable. Everything worked fine after the initial assembly. However, the seat is extremely hard and uncomfortable!! In addition, for a short legged person like me (I'm about 5'3".), even the lowest position on the seat makes it pretty hard for me to reach the pedals. Also I wish the pedals would stay at one position rather than rotating all over(360 degrees). The positions of the pedals and the arm rests are too far for my height, you cannot adjust them. I am thinking about buying a gel seat cover but afraid it will just add the height. So if you are shorter than average, do not buy this bike! I should have invested a little more for better features.

I bought this bike based on the good reviews, even though it has some negative reviews. I got it and my husband set it up with no problems. I was very happy with it the first 3 times I used it. (about 5 miles each time). On the 4th, it began making a clunking noise. Ten minutes into the 5th use, it was clunking so loud that I had to get off it. The bearings had already worn out! I called Stamina and they said they'd send parts but not refund or replace the bike even though I had had it for 10 days. OH, and they couldn't guarantee that that would even fix the bike. I got back on Amazon and sent it back as it was defective and thankfully was refunded. Thank you Amazon! I have since read several more reviews from places other than Amazon where people had the same thing happen. Don't buy it unless you want to take the chance of having to take it apart and send it back 2 weeks later.

I am a senior beginner. Putting it together and customer service are important to me.



When it arrived the progress meter was broken. After a few phone and email exchanges, it was replaced in a timely manner. They responded to email inquiries regarding status of the replacement. But if I didn't email, I'd still be waiting.



Assembly went without hitches. I assembled it using only the provided tools. Taking my time it took 45 minutes.



Tip: if you have trouble with the tension cable as another reviewer did, turn the adjustment knob to increase slack.



It's very quiet, solid, and has a small footprint.

I bought the cushion seat but don't think it's necessary. - Stationary Bike - Upright Bikes - Stationary Indoor Bike - Great Value'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Exercise Bikes - upright bikes, stationary bike stationary bike Exercise Bikes - upright bikes, stationary bike