Saturday 30 April 2011

Ipod Accessories - ipod car mount, electronic device holder


I bought this for my husband as a gift, thinking he would use it in his vehicle. However since he uses a hard shelled protective case on his iPhone, it is a little difficult to get the phone out of the mCup, even if using the larger set of adjustable grips that came with it. Let's just say it fits in there REALLY securely, which is actually a good thing when he's using the mCup to hold his phone while he's riding in a golf cart playing golf. In that situation he doesn't need to take his phone in and out of the mCup much since he's just using the phone's GPS Golf app for yardages. But getting it out in time to answer a call can be tricky, especially when driving down the road in a moving vehicle. He's now keeping the MCup in his golf bag to use on the course and bought a different model for use in his truck. I think however, that if his phone's case was a thinner model it would work better with the mCup, but he prefers the case he's using and doesn't want to get a new one. I have tried the mCup with my own iPhone, which has a thinner protective case on it, and did not find it cumbersome to remove. The only other complaint is that the adjustable part that fits into your cupholder has a tendency to work itself loose, but it is easily tightened up again with a spin of the knob, without having to take it out of the cupholder. Macally mCup Adjustable Cup Holder for All Portable Devices in Vehicle (Black)

I ordered two iPhone cup holders to figure out which worked better, the Macally mCup and the Arkon Flexible. The Macally mCup was less expensive and yet felt 10x more durable, well-designed and functional. The mCup is built like a tank and can adjust to any position necessary whereas the Arkon cup holder was made of cheap plastic and could not rotate to landscape mode. Honestly, had I of known how good the quality was of the mCup (I certainly wouldn't have ordered the Arkon as well) but I would easily paid $30-40 for the mCup, it's just that well-built and designed. After adjusting the cup mechanism, the mCup device fit very well in my Nissan Cube cup holder and felt like a permanent fixture. No wobbles at all. I can even pop in the iPhone and take it out of the mCup holder with one hand without disrupting the fixed position I set during the install process. Highly recommend the mCup product! Stay away from the Arkon Flexible cup holder, it's total garbage.

I bought this to use with my iPhone 3GS which has a case on it. I drive a Prius, which as a funny squareish roundish shaped cup holder, and this device fits perfectly and snugly in my cup holder. If I knock it hard by accident, I can move it around a little bit, but in general use, this holder stays in place over the roughest roads. I'd buy this again and recommend it to someone looking for a cup holder mount for their iphone.

The product works great at securing the iPhone, with or without a case. That being said, you need to have the right type of cup holder, and technically the right transmission, for it to work best. I have a manual shift truck. Luckily, because of the layout of the cupholders, I can still shift without the holder interfering with my shifting. I tried to use the holder in a Volvo with a manual transmission and the holder made the shifting very difficult.



Regarding the type of cup holder you may have, my truck has (3) separate holders where I could use the device. Each on would have worked which is why i like this product. However, my fiance's Sentra has an adjustable cupholder setup and because of this, the iphone holder, when you adjust it, pushes the cup holder out of position and the holder falls out of place. Likewise, in my friends Volvo, his cup holders were angled making the device very unstable.



If you are thinking about purchasing one of these, check your cup holder and transmission first. The cup holder should be an individual compartment for the most part and be flat.

I needed a device to hold my HTC Incredible phone in place for GPS use.



I didn't want it stuck to my windshield because it would be difficult to answer calls without getting really distracted trying to pull it off.



We have five cup holders up front in our minivan. I put this in the pull-out cup-holder but I have also used it in the regular center console cup-holder.



It has an easy-to-turn knob that expands the bottom cylinder. It is not the tightest fit but it stays in place if done properly.



To remove, either pull it out or turn the knob the opposite direction. It collapses down quickly.



There are two sets of side "arms" that slide into slots on the side. They are firmly in place but not too difficult to remove. The different arms create a larger or smaller space to fit your device. Once your device is in place, they expand a little to create the tension to hold it in place.



It can be mounted vertically or horizontally and has many positions in-between. There is an open slot at the bottom for plugs (especially the thicker plug of an iPod).



I found it very useful during a 13 hour drive where it held my phone as a GPS but I could clearly answer phone calls as they came in. - Electronic Device Holder - Ipod Car Mount - Iphone - Car Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information