Saturday 30 April 2011

Chew Toy - dog ball, planet dog


We purchased this ball as well as the Snowball, and 8-ball for our 11 year old pit bull for Christmas. This was a tough ball but did not last more than a week. She was able to pull the "Woof" off of the ball and then rip the rest of it to shreds. However, the Snowball lasted over a month before she destroyed it. That is an 11 year record for our dog! I would recommend getting the Snowball over this one or the 8-ball. Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Woof Ball, Pink

My pup (and all her friends) love this ball. They are addicted to the strong peppermint scent or taste, I'm not sure which. It is very aromatic, even after several weeks of play in Chicago's Grant Park!

I have two golden retrievers who chew through every ball and toy I ever buy. Last year I bought one of Planet Dog's other balls and it survived both of them and still is as perfect as it was the day I bought it. I had high hopes for this ball - - it only last a few days and it is now in pieces in the trash. For $12, I expected better performance

I have a 3.5 year old female pitbull. I have had WONDERFUL luck with the ORBEE BRAND TOYS so I thought I'd give this one a try. I must say that it does try to hang in there as long as it can, but eventually my little girl got it all chewed to pieces. The ORBEE brand toys are made of very unique rubber material that is quite durable, smells like mint, floats in water and in some cases glows in the dark. The only problem with THIS particular toy is that the letters on the front of it gave my dog access to grip onto something with her teeth and little piece by little piece she was able to tear off the lettering which opened up the ability to eventually pick apart the rest of the ball. If you have a strong chewer like I do then I would highly recommend investing in the Planet Dog ORBEE-TUFF GLOW FOR GOOD Ball. My dog has had 2 of them for over a year...and there's not a scratch on them, even though she plays with them every single day. The trick with this version ball is that it is completely smooth all around so there is nothing her teeth can grab onto and tear apart. Overall though, I love ORBEE Dog Toys!! They are unique and my dog loves every one I have ever given her.

I got this ball for a choc. lab 1.5 yrs old. He loves the evil cuz balls, but squeaks them all the time until you kill the squeaker. We tried this as an Alternative. He immediately loved this ball. He can chew and chomp and it gives but does not rip or tear. It has holes to put treats in, and they don't fall out easily. I recommend it for all those ball loving dogs.

Ok, I wasn't expecting much from these balls. Afterall, they are small rubber balls with a hole for treats - meaning an inherent weakness built in. However, they have survived a week with a pack of serious chewers. The raised lettering vanished within a hour, but the balls themselves are still intact, still bouncing and the dogs have not lost interest in them yet. Totally worth the money.

My standard dachshund LOVES this ball. Although the first thing he did was tear the "Woof" off. Any raised bumps are chewed off of any toy he's ever had. I kept finding random letters on the carpet...other than that, the ball has been great. He did finally chew a tear into the larger treat opening, but it was a hard won victory. He LOVES this ball! He is a POWER chewer...like a wolf this boy. The ball holds up great!

The blue 'woof' coloring must be paint or something.. as it disappeared real quick. Still says woof, its just not blue anymore.



Other than that, this ball is great. It shows no damage and its been loved on by three large dogs for 6 months now.

Cool color, my dog loves to chase these balls and fetch. Has a hole for treats, green vs pink ball, green has won at our house. Just a neat tough toy with bouncey joy and keeps the teeth gripped well for hours of fetching fun. - Dog Ball - Ball - Planet Dog - Chew Toy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information